Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Cage builder in or around San Jose?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cage builder in or around San Jose?

Cage builder in or around San Jose? 11 years, 1 month ago #15348

Hi folks,

Apologies that my first post is a question. I did search but didn't turn up anything specific...

I have a 944S2 into which I'd like to add a welded roll bar, mount some seats, etc. The reason for only a roll bar is that the car has to remain somewhat streetable...

Is there a shop in the San Jose area that anyone can recommend to do the work?

A colleage (who races a E36) recommends www.tcdesignfab.com/ in Milpitas. They say they can do full custom work and seem to be reasonably priced.

But I was curious to know if there are other shops folks would recommend?

Thanks.

Karl.

PS: Ancillary question... Hanksville rollbars/cages seem to be the way to go. Any significant advantage of a full custom over Hanksville?
Last Edit: 11 years, 1 month ago by wjk_glynn.

Re: Cage builder in or around San Jose? 11 years, 1 month ago #15349

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Most of us here in Norcal have TC Designs cages and they do great work! Non of us here have experience with Hanksville but I hear nothing but great things about them and from what I've heard their mail order cages and rollbars are topnotch, both fit and quality wise.

If you want to drive a little further, Evil Genius in West Sacramento does excellent work as well and they know my car inside and out. They do a ton of E30's as well as spec miata's, along with Lemons racers. There is always some interesting project lying around the shop(a mid engined, centered seat Toyota Previa minivan always blow me away!) Call John and tell him I sent you and see what deal he can work for you.

Ron Dale
The following user(s) said Thank You: wjk_glynn

Re: Cage builder in or around San Jose? 11 years, 1 month ago #15352

Thanks Ron.

I posted the same question on Rennlist and I'm getting similar (positive) recommendations for TC Designs.

Looks like an open and shut case...

Karl.
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds