(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Thunderhill Roll Call

Re: Thunderhill Roll Call 11 years, 1 month ago #15521

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
Hi Guys,

Things are crazy at the moment and I have told a couple of you, but due to work commitments I have been working every evening and most weekends and somehow I got signed up to be a Little League coach for my sons team. It would have been fine if the other coach had half a brain and could control the kids, but he cant even control his own.

Due to all of this I am out of action till June!!

It is absolutely killing me. I am ashamed to say I find myself just sitting in the car sometimes because I miss the feeling of driving it on the track

I am also making a list of things to do, and will be ready to roll in June! I should be returning the trailer I borrowed from Jerry this weekend to make room for my own. (Looking at an enclosed), if I am going to do this I am doing it right

I have also been looking at various schools and dates later this year. I have told Taryn enough is enough I want to be out there, and she has fully agreed (she also misses the smell of petrol fumes, I married the perfect woman, she is such a petrol head )

So don't worry, I am coming, Tell Kat to hang in there as I look forward to having something to chase when I join the fun before the end of the year! It is going to happen, trust me!
Jason Jane
Norcal
Last Edit: 11 years, 1 month ago by BritRacer. Reason: I am an idiot who cant type!

Re: Thunderhill Roll Call 11 years, 1 month ago #15530

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Jason, when Lil'Kat gets ahold of your wife, she will be racing your car too! And now she has your wife's name. Whatever you do, don't let her get Taryn's phone number!!!!!!

We will miss you and you should do a school and get it over with. It is much less expensive than pounding around weekend after weekend in HPDE.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Thunderhill Roll Call 11 years, 1 month ago #15535

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Hey Jason, I don't know if you're interested but the Lotus club does track days, usually during the week that are cheap, especially for the amount of track time. They have a thunderhill day coming up may 29, a Wednesday. I like doing these days and if you want I'll put my spare seat in and take you for a ride to show you what I know, and I can also ride with you to give you pointers and advice. It won't help you get licensed but it will help get you up to speed.

Thunderhill is a great, safe track to learn at, and the Lotus club events are low pressure. The track time is also great. I usually pack up early afternoon because I've had enough!

Re: Thunderhill Roll Call 11 years, 1 month ago #15536

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
That is an nice option (depending on leave). do you travel there in the morning? I had a look on their site and it does not look open to registration at the moment, but I can see it on the schedule.

Also what are they tech inspection rules?
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: Thunderhill Roll Call 11 years, 1 month ago #15537

• BritRacer
  • Seasoned Racer
Looks like it is a self tech.
Jason Jane
Norcal

Re: Thunderhill Roll Call 11 years, 1 month ago #15538

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Self tech is no problem for you. I live only about 1 1/4 hours from the track so I leave in the morning. Others I believe leave in the morning. You are also welcome to stay at my house, we have spare rooms and plenty of parking for a trailer.
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds