NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Mr. Dale - Nationals

Mr. Dale - Nationals 10 years, 9 months ago #16202

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Mr. Dale,

The Nationals discount, of $300, has been extended.

By virtue of your two strong finishes at a brand new track (Laguna Seca), your performance at Sonoma, and your overall strong improvement this season, your presence at Nationals is highly recommended.

As this writer recalls, Nationals was your pre-season focus with a new found attitude of being prepared to push yourself harder and accept having wheels off, from time to time, if that was what was required to get faster and up to the front.

You have achieved that, Sir. You have worked hard to overcome various mechanical issues, gotten tougher mentally, and generally excelled as the season progressed. Now is the time to step up and make the metal, emotional, and financial commitment to Nationals.

Nor Cal needs you there and 944-Spec needs you there!

Big Dog, Lil'Kat, Piper and the Mothership
Jim Foxx

Re: Mr. Dale - Nationals 10 years, 9 months ago #16210

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Kind words Jim, they mean a lot coming from you. I make no bones about you Steve and Rick being my mentors and yardsticks. Your skill and preparation are what I'm shooting for.

Having said that, I've already signed up a few weeks ago. I even signed up for rv parking. The car needs some work. You know the story with the shocks, I will order some Bilsteins tomorrow. Also have a small oil leak from somewhere. Plus there always seems to be a small puddle of brake fluid in the trailer when I take the car out.

Re: Mr. Dale - Nationals 10 years, 9 months ago #16211

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Glad to hear that, Ron. I was not aware of that at Laguna.

OK, so where is the puddle of brake fluid at? It should be easy to narrow down and find. Is it only after the car has been used hard and put away wet??? Is there any fluid sitting in the garage?

Get it fixed up and ready for Nationals. You are driving great right now. Your mental focus should be up and ready. ANY questions about the car should be resolved prior to loading up for Nationals and you will do great. You, my friend, have moved from a mid-pack guy to a front pack guy. I know how that feels, having been there myself, and it takes some mental adjustment within yourself but you are there. Go with it.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Mr. Dale - Nationals 10 years, 9 months ago #16214

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Not to mention we will do a track walk or two while we are there.

This is a track that you have to drive the car at the limit but unlike Laguna the penalty for an off is pretty low.

I am confident you will be towards the front of a large group of 944's
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion