August vs November
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: August vs November

August vs November 15 years, 10 months ago #1786

• Utah944
  • Junior Racer
So my trip this year will be to NorCal. I was planning on coming out in November for several reasons

1. my son will be older and both he and my wife could make the trip (some family fun)

2. it is after the Miller PCA race and Derek and Blake would have their licenses. I was trying to get a group of Utah racers to come out. Hoping for 4 or 5 from Utah.

Ken emailed me today with a concern that the attendance in November could be minimal.

so...who is planning on racing in November and who is planning on racing this august at Thunderhill?

Re:August vs November 15 years, 10 months ago #1787

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I will definitely race in november as I like to run in cooler weather. If my motor is done, I will probably run august as well, but it may be hot and that's tough on a car. I'm not sure I'll want to abuse a new motor in that heat. How about october? I think we are running Thunderhill backwards then which will cut into our home court advantage as most of us have only run it this way a few times.

Re:August vs November 15 years, 10 months ago #1789

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hey Todd,

If you have a group of Utah racers coming out we would of course try to attend.
I'll make the November race.
I'll start a new thread for the August race.
--Ken

Re:August vs November 15 years, 10 months ago #1791

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hey Ron,

It's a long downtime till our August 23-24 race since we don't have a race in July.
Do you need any help getting your car ready?
--Ken

Re:August vs November 15 years, 10 months ago #1793

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Hi Ken,

I'm going to try and get my car to Art either wednesday or thursday. I emailed Art a few weeks ago and he said he had time to get my car done and to bring it in in a few weeks. I'll double check with him tomorrow if he's still available. I waited a while because he quoted me a price higher than I was counting on, in the $3-$4,000 range and I had to talk the wife into letting me spend the money. I hope to be ready by the august race. When Art has the engine out, I'm going to try and get down one day and remove the heat shield and clean the engine compartment, as well as converting the rack to manual steering.

Re:August vs November 15 years, 10 months ago #1797

I will be racing in both the August at T-Hill as well as November at Infineon. Just installed an oil cooler in my car just for the heat at T-Hill. Hope she holds up.

Ron, if you need a manual steering rack, I have one that I can probably sell you. E-mail me at This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it so we can talk.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds