(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: August vs November

Re:August vs November 15 years, 9 months ago #1833

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hey Todd,

How about you and the Utah crew coming out and race the Oct. 25-26 event at Infineon?
This is a Porsche only event and I think you guys will have a nicer time running with the PRC.
--Ken

Re:August vs November 15 years, 9 months ago #1835

Todd,
We Arizona guys will be having a Race & 90 minute Enduro over Thanksgiving weekend here at PIR. Racing will be Sat & Sunday. So you can have Thanksgiving at home & Travel down on Friday. We should have 10-15 944 spec cars easy and it is one of our biggest events of the year and always at blast with perfect weather.

Ken... I am not trying to steal guys from your events, but it just another option. Do what ever works out best for you.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 15 years, 9 months ago by joepaluch.

Re:August vs November 15 years, 9 months ago #1836

• pixrken
joepaluch wrote:

Ken... I am not trying to steal guys from your events, but it just another option. Do what ever works out best for you.

Hi Todd,

See how much you're loved.

Hi Joe,

After how much fun we had at Millers I encourage cross region events.
Next year I'm going to make a big push for our guys to go to Millers, possibly use the "Porsche at the Point" event as our season finale and leave November open to travel to other regions, perhaps a SoCal Buttonwillow event.
With our rainy season (Dec, Jan, Feb) being AZ's moderate temperature season we can race all year round ............. if our wives don't kill us first.
--Ken
Last Edit: 15 years, 9 months ago by pixrken.

Re:August vs November 15 years, 9 months ago #1837

• Utah944
  • Junior Racer
Joe-

thanks for the invite. I will make it to AZ to race with you guys but probably not this year. The thought of going to infineon is due to the fact it is close to wine country and my wife will come and more time with her and my 4 month old son the happier I am.

Ken-

I will work on getting Derek, Otto, parker to come to the oct event. I assume a NASA license will work? Will a PCA license work as well?

Re:August vs November 15 years, 9 months ago #1838

Todd,
No problem. Keeping the wife happy is important. I also want to bring my wife and daughter out to the track and it takes alot to pull that off.

As for crossovers. Summer time is not good in Az. Heck even May and September events are good for hardcore Az guys. Temps will be 95F+ so only craziest Az racers can survive. We make it since 95F-100F feels cool to use consider the 115F peak summer temps. So crossovers at that time are just not smart.

However we have excellent weather over the winter. From about November on though March we will have nice weather. Jan,Feb,March are execellent racing times here and ideal for those in cold zones to come and race.

We Az racers have been doing crossover events for years now. Mostly we pick an event in So-Cal and bring the troops. In past it has been Cal Speedway in March or July at Willow Springs. (Willow in July is cooler than Az so it does not seem as crazy). This year's was Miller in June. Farther tow than we are used to, but well worth it.

If anyone is looking to do a Crossover to Az let me know. I will see what we can do to make the event more special and maybe get a deal for the 944 guys.

Late October in Sears Point. Might be able to work out next season. We seem to have slight gap in our schedule in late october as our october race is coming up early in the month and our november event is always on Thanksgiving.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:August vs November 15 years, 9 months ago #1839

• pixrken
Utah944 wrote:

Ken-

I will work on getting Derek, Otto, parker to come to the oct event. I assume a NASA license will work? Will a PCA license work as well?

a NASA license always work for our events. I'll check on the PCA license with the PRC and get back to you.
--Ken
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds