24 Hours of LeMons in December
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: 24 Hours of LeMons in December

Re:24 Hours of LeMons in December 15 years, 11 months ago #2305

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Now I'm really bummed I have to miss it.
I always wanted to drive a car with robotic arms:)
Take lots of pics for us.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:24 Hours of LeMons in December 15 years, 11 months ago #2316

Only Ken could come up with ideas like that. Guess too many years working at Pixar can do that to you.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:24 Hours of LeMons in December 15 years, 10 months ago #2415

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Refueling speed in the LeMons is not as critical as the 25 Hours of Thunderhill but John did modified a gas filler neck for our LeMons car.
The unleaded gas nozzle restrictor has been removed. This simple mod. could have moved us up to two places from 6th to 4th on the 25 Hours by cutting our refueling time from 2 minutes 30 seconds for five gallons to approx. 25 seconds.
And yes we will have such a mod. for the 2009 25 Hours of Thunderhill car.

--Ken
Last Edit: 15 years, 10 months ago by pixrken.

Re:24 Hours of LeMons in December 15 years, 9 months ago #2588

• pixrken
Our normal race season is over and now the focus has been shifted to the LeMons race.
Last year we just put safety equipment on a stock 944 we bought off of craigslist and pray the engine won't blow up and it would hold together.
We didn't know what kind of car we had but it held together and the engine turned out to be decent.

This year we will have a much better prepared car. Base on the assigned residual value from the last LeMons race the car now has a set of used Koni's in the rear and a set of used Bilsteins in the front. Front/rear sway bars from a 944 turbo.
Bill Pennock gave me a set of Welt 250lb front springs.
The a/c system has been removed with our $3 homemade a/c delete bracket.
The catalytic converter was also removed and a straight pipe welded in it's place.

There was a oil leak from the oil pan gasket. Since we had to drop the oil pan to replace the gasket I had a oil pan baffle installed.

The motor mounts needed to be replaced. A set of used but decent motor mounts were installed.
Special thanks to one of our sponsors EASY for donating the motor mounts, drop links and rear sway bar mounting hardware, front sway bar mounting hardware, steering rack tie rods and whatever else I need. I was running low on the allowable budget and that helps.

The rear seat support seemed to flex a little on the floorpan. A steel bar has been welded between the left door sill side and the center tunnel for reinforcement.
Momo seat has been installed on sliders.

FYI on our progress.
--Ken

Re:24 Hours of LeMons in December 15 years, 8 months ago #2784

• pixrken
The LeMons race is almost here.

Brand new set of Hankook R-S2's mounted on cookie cutters are on the car now. LeMons requires minimum 190 treadwear tires so our Toyo RA1's or R888's are not legal.
Radio box and PTT button on steering wheel installed.
transponder installed.
Minor problem with alternator repaired.
All fluids checked.
Weather forecast looks pretty good but installed new wiper blades just in case.
The car is ready to go!
John is putting together a spare parts inventory to bring with him.
--Ken

Re:24 Hours of LeMons in December 15 years, 8 months ago #2785

Good Luck Guys!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds