(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Homemade manual rack

Homemade manual rack 15 years, 6 months ago #2437

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I just finished getting my steering rack back in after removing the power steering and I have to say it seems to work very well! I took it for a quick spin around my private test track(residential streets where the houses have yet to be built) and I am pretty happy with it. The steering effort is not a lot more than the power was and we all know I loved my power steering. Even at a stop, or very low speed I can still turn it with one hand. I does seem to be easier than the cars I tried with the bypassed steering, but without a car to compare side by side it's only a subjective opinion.

I got the instructions from the NASA forums site written by Karl Zimmerman and I can't thank him enough. Easy to follow instructions that try as I might, I couldn't mess up! Of course there is always a catch and it seems mine is I might have a little bit of a toe in problem. I can't measure it without help and my wife is out of town as well as all of my neighbor's(hunting season). Hopefully I can get it measured and fixed before next weekend, but if not I'll have to run it as is. I plan on new r888's after this race anyway.

I also got my $75 from EASY air dam looking showroom beautiful and hopefully with all the radiator shrouding in place it should help my overheating problem.

By the way when I opened my airbox the top of the air filter was completely covered with rubber! I don't have an inner fender liner so the tire kicks the rubber right into the intake. I cleaned the filter before last race and now I have to replace it. Has anybody else seen this?

See Y'all friday

Ron
p.s. whenever I take my car out my nosy neighbor calls the sheriff. By the time he gets here the car is back in the garage and the door is closed. He's driving by REAL slow right now! He knows it me but never stops!
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds