Username Password: Remember me

Infinion - June
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Infinion - June

Re:Infinion - June 15 years, 3 months ago #4466

Gary_44 wrote:
Or perhaps he meant Gary not Jerry since I did the homework to suggest a Group 3 option.
I formally protest that gold star award.

OK. Gary deserves credit for this one. I don't want to be the one taking credit for something that could lead to suspension of NASA license for 1 year.

www.nasaproracing.com/norcal/events/hpde/prerquisites.pdf

"It is the intent of this document to convey important information so that a
participant can make an informed decision about which group to chose.
Occasionally, we will have an event where the lower (slower) groups fill up first.
Some new(er) drivers will sign up for more advanced groups that they are not
qualified for. If you are caught doing this, you risk a very likely penalty of a oneyear
suspension from NASA track days.
Group 1:
This group has no prerequisite as it is made for first-timers. Anyone can sign up
for Group 1.
Group 2:
This group is the same as Group 1 (and always runs with Group 1) but is for
driver’s that have had previous track experience and are okay to be on their own
without an instructor, but don’t feel ready for Group 3.
Group 3:
This is for the more experienced track driver. You must have had at least a
weekend of Group 1/2 and be qualified to be on your own (without an instructor).
You MUST list your experience on the entry form / online entry form under
“Please describe your previous driving experience: events and schools attended,
licenses, etc.” Leaving this blank or otherwise having inadequate experience will
be cause for “adjustments.”
Group 4:
This is the most advanced group and passing is allowed everywhere. This group
is best suited for VERY experienced drivers, such as those that have had at least
three weekends or prior experience on track.
You MUST list your experience on the entry form / online entry form under
“Please describe your previous driving experience: events and schools attended,
licenses, etc.” Leaving this blank or otherwise having inadequate experience will
be cause for “adjustments.”
Note:
Just because you have the listed prerequisite experience doesn’t necessarily
mean that you belong in a higher group. When in doubt sign up for the lower
group. Changes to your group can usually be made during the event."
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:Infinion - June 15 years, 3 months ago #4468

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
That's why I suggested Jeremy list down all his track experience.
24 hours of LeMons, autoX, DE's from other organizations like Trackmasters, Lotus Club, PCA, etc.
Jeremy should have enough experience for HPDE-3 and if not he can let them tell him so.
--Ken

Re:Infinion - June 15 years, 3 months ago #4470

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I used to be a regular in group 3 and can say that beyond a doubt Gary has experience enough for that group. A few times they did move people down a group and sometimes they moved people up but I never heard of anybody being kicked out of having a license suspended. I DID see many many people who should have been kicked out but were let slide. As long as you can safely drive the racing line and not get in the way or act unpredictably, which I know Gary can, he will be fine. He'll find that he actually learns faster in group 3 than in 1 and 2 because you don't spend an entire session in lead/follow behind slow cars. I would not waste any money in 1/2, instead jump to 3.

I had a friend with a Corvette(C4?) with a 450hp 383 stroker, big brakes and massive michelin's who thought he was a great driver on the street which made him great for group 3. His first time out he spun in turns 3 and 11 on the first lap. He was very unpredictable and scary. They took him aside and lectured him about the line and made an instructor ride with him all day Saturday. By Sunday he was fine. I could still lap him in my Boxster and we all know how slow I am so he was barely moving and still everyone was happy.

DO GROUP 3!!!!!

Ron

Re:Infinion - June 15 years, 3 months ago #4471

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Well...I was just making a recommendation for Jeremy to sign up for group 3. I'd love to be there for this event, but I have to have another surgery on 6/10 so I'm missing out again.
I'm squeezing in a DE with NorCal Racing Club at Buttonwillow on 6/6, so that I can calm the inner speed demon a little until I can get back in the car in the Fall.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Infinion - June 15 years, 3 months ago #4472

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I guess I should have read a little better, I thought we were talking about Gary. You should still come to the track, I've got a semi clean knife and some some scissors and Jerry's got some racer's tape, we can take care of you. Save on medical bills, we'll do the surgery! We'll have plenty of time between qualifying and the race!

Ron

Re:Infinion - June 15 years, 3 months ago #4475

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Well now. Big Dog is getting worried with all this talk about questionable ethics with HPDE levels and, now, unlicenced medical work at the track. For anestheisa, do you use Jack Daniels?

I knew there was a reason I like racing with you guys.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds