Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Infinion - June
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Infinion - June

Re:Infinion - June 15 years, 2 months ago #4800

Some of the guys will get a room at the Baymont for around $70 range but you have to ask for the racers rate. The last time I went up, I camped in my MDX and it was ok. Got a little cold around 4am but if you have a pad and a sleeping bag, you should be fine. I see others actually bring tents to pitch up and camp outdoors. Whatever it takes to save a few bucks.

For T-Hill, we almost always drive up the day or night before so we can get some good rest before the race. I definitely would recommend for you to go the night before.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:Infinion - June 15 years, 2 months ago #4801

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Gary_44 wrote:
Check out Northern California Racing Club, I just did their event at Buttonwillow. Small rungroups, laid back people, lots of track time and CHEAP. They might be full already.
www.ncracing.org

A little video...the corny kind with music and comments, but I have a lot of time on my hands.

vimeo.com/5089293

Hi Gary,

I heard good things about NCRC but have not run with them.
Glad you had a good time and thanks for the video.
Dude, get your racing license.
--Ken

Re:Infinion - June 15 years, 2 months ago #4802

• pixrken
Jump07 wrote:
Ken - Do you drive up in the morning? Or do you get a hotel room? Thunderhill is 4 hours away from my house. I guess if I left by 6am I'd get there at 10. Long haul. But I'm jonesing to drive!

I don't do early mornings!
I always get out to Thunderhill the night before and stay in one of the motels in Willows.
--Ken

Re:Infinion - June 15 years, 2 months ago #4803

• pixrken
I updated the Infineon list on the first page.
Haven't got a confirmation from Greg or Ron yet?
Ron, are you going?
--Ken

Re:Infinion - June 15 years, 2 months ago #4804

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Jump07 wrote:
Ken - Do you drive up in the morning? Or do you get a hotel room? Thunderhill is 4 hours away from my house. I guess if I left by 6am I'd get there at 10. Long haul. But I'm jonesing to drive!

I camp at the track except for Infineon (can get home from there easily). Get extra time in the sack as you don't have to allow for time to get to the track. It's great rolling rolling out of the sleeping bag and being right there for the morning rituals !
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Infinion - June 15 years, 2 months ago #4816

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
I'm seriously thinking about going up for the Lotus Club event. Ken, are you going? It would be nice to have a buddy there. $165 for non-members is a good deal. I have never driven at Thunderhill...been chomping at the bit to do so!
I'll probably drive up straight from work and crash in my truck.
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds