Username Password: Remember me

Ready to Join You Guys
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Ready to Join You Guys

Ready to Join You Guys 14 years, 4 months ago #6474

Well, I have a buyer for the BMW and it will be gone this Saturday. That'll be enough for a Chevy Astro and a 944 Spec car. For my birthday, my grandparents are sending me to a Skip Barber school, which aught to get me my license. So, I'm beginning my race car hunting in earnest.

Wondering if you have any suggestions on what I should be looking for. Just on this forum, these two cars have caught my eye as good options, and wanted to see what you all suggest:

944spec.org/944SPEC/component/option,com...ew/id,5695/catid,21/
944spec.org/944SPEC/component/option,com...ew/id,6130/catid,21/

Thanks again for your support. I'm looking forward to hanging with you all more when the race season starts up!

-Cameron
Last Edit: 14 years, 4 months ago by Salanis42.

Re:Ready to Join You Guys 14 years, 4 months ago #6475

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
If you are large like i am, one thing you have to think about when buying a race car is will you fit with the cage the way it is. Otherwise, both of these cars look good to me, the price is right. Where are you located, i assume Norcal since this is the forum you posted to?
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/

Re:Ready to Join You Guys 14 years, 4 months ago #6476

I'm located in Sacramento. I'm young and fairly thin and flexible (I like to rock climb). I shouldn't have any problems fitting.

Re:Ready to Join You Guys 14 years, 4 months ago #6481

• Weston
  • Seasoned Racer
  • Destroyer of Chris
Chris' blue #2 car could be a good fit for you then... He's a medium sized guy and it fits him well. I'm 6' 200lbs and it's a little on the tight side for me.
#22 - Red 1983 Porsche 944 - Rocky Mountain

944 Pics & Video

Re:Ready to Join You Guys 14 years, 4 months ago #6482

Yeah, I asked him about it, and that's what I gathered.

I don't suppose you guys have thoughts on which of those two cars would be the better deal. I'm leaning towards Chris's. New clutch, nice seat/harness, and 924s all sound really good.

Re:Ready to Join You Guys 14 years, 4 months ago #6484

Hi Cameron,
Go with Chris's, the other one sold. Welcome to the club. You have some of the best guys in spec in NoCal.

Chris,
I hope you will still be around, you would really be missed!

Happy Holidays everybody
Norman #99
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds