Former 944 Cup driver defecting to Spec in NorCal
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Former 944 Cup driver defecting to Spec in NorCal

Former 944 Cup driver defecting to Spec in NorCal 14 years, 3 months ago #6568

Hi guys,

Life has brought me to Silicone Valley from the East coast. I have a 944 Cup car but I've always liked the idea of Spec racing so I'm anxious to get out there with you guys. I've got my work ahead of me as the car has currently got a knocking engine and a full Cup suspension with coilovers all around and solid bushings but I'm used to these minor hurdles

I bring lots of 944 experience with me and tons of spares and tools (literally). I'm always happy to lend a hand, part, or tool when needed.

Happy New Year and I'll see you soon!

Steve Lewis

Re:Former 944 Cup driver defecting to Spec in NorCal 14 years, 3 months ago #6572

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Welcome Steve

First outing is Feb 27-28 - even if your car isn't ready come on out and say hi.

(Until you are spec ready you could always run either PT or GTS too)
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re:Former 944 Cup driver defecting to Spec in NorCal 14 years, 3 months ago #6573

Welcome to NorCal Steve.

If you need to rebuild your motor, we have a good mechanic that works on many of our 944's. You can contact Art at Auto Point Motors.

If you like to tackle things yourself, which it sounds like you do, then there is a running motor for $500 at:
sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/pts/1532526885.html

See you at the races.

Sidney
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics
Last Edit: 14 years, 3 months ago by Litespeeds.

Re:Former 944 Cup driver defecting to Spec in NorCal 14 years, 3 months ago #6575

Thanks for the welcome & info. I normally like to do everything myself but I don't have the facilities or time to do the engine build here.

I do like to stay with sponsors and the fact that two separate people have recommended AutoPoint is comforting. I'll give them a call and see where it goes. My other choice is Lindsey who I've dealt with in the past with good results. One thing is for sure, if I'm going to make February, I've got to move quickly.

I'll do all the suspension work myself but I would love shop recommendations for an alignment and corner balance.

Re:Former 944 Cup driver defecting to Spec in NorCal 14 years, 3 months ago #6576

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Art at AutoPoint can do the alignment. We've had good luck doing our own corner weighting over at Ken's (the series director here in NorCal).

I've also used Roger Kraus Racing in Castro Valley for alignments and corner weights and been happy with their work - some of the other guys werent as satisfied.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552
Last Edit: 14 years, 3 months ago by JerryW.

Re:Former 944 Cup driver defecting to Spec in NorCal 14 years, 3 months ago #6579

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I think there is a provision in our rule set that states something to the effect that drivers/cars that come from east of the Mississippi are required to provide dinner for all other 944 drivers and crew all season and "must maintain the profesional appearance of fellow competitors cars and support vehicles by thoroughly washing said vehicles by hand immediately before and after an event weekend". Now I don't want to start off on a bad foot Steve so I'll just tell you now I like my steaks well done and I'll expect you sometime in early February at my house in Sacramento, I'll provide the soap and bucket.

Ron
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds