Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Alignment and Corner Balancing Group Discount?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Alignment and Corner Balancing Group Discount?

Re:Alignment and Corner Balancing Group Discount? 16 years ago #1079

Just called Edge Motorworks in Dublin and spoke to Gordon and he was very nice and informative. They said they have never worked on a 944 but have worked on pretty much everything else out there.

Alignment is $125 and the corner balancing is around $115 if I remember right so that would bring the total to $240 which is cheaper than $250 that was quoted by Erick. Either way, they need time to do this so I will probably bring it back to them in the future to have this done. I like their honesty and they also referred me to someone that they feel is the most knowledgable for Porsches.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:Alignment and Corner Balancing Group Discount? 15 years, 12 months ago #1128

Hi guys in NorCal,

It's great to be back in the USA and racing again.

I just got back online and saw this post this morning, you guys may have already discussed the option of buying scales and if you are on the fence about doing it, let me tell you it was one of the best investments I have made. I am fanatical about set up and there isn't a shop in there rite mind that will take the time to set your car up the way that you will. With so many of you racer in NorCal, you can buy good scales for $1200 or less and with 6 of you pitching in, that's $200 each. If you don't know how to corner balance or align, I will walk you through it. I am not sure how many cars I have set up since I bought mine, but at the prices you just posted, I think I found a new carreer!!!

Cheers,
Norman #99

Re:Alignment and Corner Balancing Group Discount? 15 years, 12 months ago #1130

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hi Norman,

Welcome back!

You must be a mind reader because we were discussing this very issue of buying our own scales over our weekend race.
A walk through would be great once we're setup. Thanks!

I'll see you at Millers.
Will you be able to make it to our Infineon CASH race with Jim Foxx on June 28-29?
--Ken

Re:Alignment and Corner Balancing Group Discount? 15 years, 12 months ago #1132

Do you think we can pool our CDOC money together to buy the scales? Their cheapest is $1,395. Just copy and paste the link below.

store.cdoc.com/detail.asp?id=35309&s...p;name=Scale+Systems

Let's start a list of those who are willing to invest in the scales.

1) Sidney #38
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics
Last Edit: 15 years, 12 months ago by Litespeeds.

Re:Alignment and Corner Balancing Group Discount? 15 years, 12 months ago #1134

Ken,

Thanks for the welcome back, it's great having my racing family to come home to, we had a fun raceing weekend in Phoenix and all though I was only gone 3 months, it's a good excuse for a party!

Jim will be at Infineon June 28,29 At this point I am not sure, I have lots going on at this time and hope that the dust will be settled by then and I can get my car over for the race.

I'm not a mind reader, I just know you guys well enough that when I was reading the costs, that you are all business minded enough to see the logic in purchasing scales and with the friendships that you guys have with each other like Rocky Mountain, Arizona and several other regions, it just makes sense. The only thing that makes more sense is finding some one that already owns scales and just use their's like the AZ guys have done! One thing that is a must when using scales correctly, you need to have ramps, the nice thing about the aluminum ones is they are adjustable and lite to carry, the bad is they are pretty pricey. I would suggest (1) trying to have the scales in one place with the best working conditions and the most level floor (2)build your own ramps, since you are only doing 944's you don't need adjustable, so get 2x6's cut to the exact length so you can place the scales tight against both ends of the boards and then build a short angled ramp to drive up onto the scales. The 2X6's aren't thick enough to be level with the scales, so you will have to raise the boards by nailing some peices under the boards to raise it to the correct height. Of course with so many of you buying the thing, you might just want to price the aluminum ramps in the case that you choose to start taking the scales from track to track or home to home. (3)Buy the scales that calculates cross weight percentages for you.

Let me know if I can be of any assistance,
Norman #99
Last Edit: 15 years, 12 months ago by norman#99.

Re:Alignment and Corner Balancing Group Discount? 15 years, 11 months ago #1157

My mistake, I meant the boards I made for the ramp are actrully 2X12, not 2X6. It's usually girls that confuse 12 inches for 6 inches from the years of being lied to. My bad!

Sorry,
Norman #99
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds