Username Password: Remember me

Thanks for the warm welcome!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Thanks for the warm welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcome! 14 years, 1 month ago #7078

Thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome to NASA NorCal and 944 Spec racing!

I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a race weekend so much. The second place today was icing on the cake but no matter the place, it was really fun racing with you guys.

Thanks especially to Ken for helping guide me with all my questions and running things so well.

Since I'm one of the only guys with a big truck and trailer, maybe I can be of value to the series by being the grill guy and providing lunch. I'll scope out some semi-portable grills and see what I can do.

Already looking forward to the next one.....

Re:Thanks for the warm welcome! 14 years, 1 month ago #7082

Hi Steve,
It was great meeting you and racing against you. Didn't know how competitive you were as you totally stepped up on the 2nd day once you learned the track. Now I have to start going on a diet and stripping out the excess 300+ lbs of weight. But I guess that is actually a good thing so thank you in advance.

I have a small portable propane grill that I bought over a year ago just for bringing to the track but never had the chance to bring it out. You are more than welcome to keep it in your trailer so we can all use it to bbq some real food like steak and chicken. This way everyone can bring whatever they want to cook and or share. It takes the small propane cartridges which I have 2 of them. Don't know if we can convert it to take the big 5 gallon propane tanks. I will bring it to T-Hill next month and leave it with you.

Sidney
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:Thanks for the warm welcome! 14 years, 1 month ago #7084

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hey Steve,

It was great to finally meet you and your family in person after trading emails.
Great job on your finish on Sunday.
Looking forward to a fun 2010 season.
--Ken

Re:Thanks for the warm welcome! 14 years, 1 month ago #7088

Sid,

Sounds good on the grill situation. I don't mind filling a cooler with food before the weekends if we want to agree to all pitch in to pay for a Costco run or something.

In Cup, our series sponsor paid for the food if I'm not mistaken. That was Apex Performance. Maybe we can hit Clark and Linda up for some food money sponsorships in exchange for running their decals. They are great people and Clark runs a 968 with NASA.

I figure I can offset any weight loss in your car by feeding you better!

Ruth is due ~ May 8th so I'm fairly firm on both April and May races but a bit tentative. We'll see.
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds