Username Password: Remember me

New Track Record at Infineon this past weekend
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Track Record at Infineon this past weekend

New Track Record at Infineon this past weekend 14 years, 1 month ago #7083

Congratulations to Rick Lofgren for setting the new track record at Infineon Raceway this past weekend by running a 1:57.844.

Congratulations to all other racers who turned their personal best times this past weekend too.

I am really happy with my results as I finally broke the 2 minute barrier both days during the race. Didn't think that would happen this season but now I will have to do some liposuction on my 300+ pound overweight car as everyone is stepping up their game and I am really curious as to how much faster I can be with my car when it's near the 2600 lb range.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:New Track Record at Infineon this past weekend 14 years, 1 month ago #7085

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Rick had some crazy fast times on his qualifying on Saturday. He did a 1:56.860 so you figure the record was going to fall. He was trying to lobby me to count qualifying for lap records but talk to the hand.
I updated the Track Records page. Congrats Rick!
--Ken

Re:New Track Record at Infineon this past weekend 14 years, 1 month ago #7091

• cbuzzetti
  • Endurance Racer
  • 944 Spec = The best racing on the planet
Congratulations Rick!!!!!

Now I have to come up there for sure.

Sid that 300lbs will be amazing. Get it done you will be surprized at how fast you really are.
2018 NASA 944Spec National Champ
2018 NASA ST5 P2 944 Nationals COTA
2017 NASA 944Spec WSC P3
2016 NASA PTD-944 WSC P2
2015 NASA GTS1 Western Champion
2014 NASA 944Spec Western Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec So-Cal Regional Champion
2013 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA GTS-1 National Champion
2010 NASA 944Spec National P3
2010 NASA So-Cal 944Spec Regional Champion
2009 NASA 944Spec National Champion

Re:New Track Record at Infineon this past weekend 14 years, 1 month ago #7098

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Litespeeds wrote:
Congratulations to Rick Lofgren for setting the new track record at Infineon Raceway this past weekend by running a 1:57.844.

Congratulations to all other racers who turned their personal best times this past weekend too.

I am really happy with my results as I finally broke the 2 minute barrier both days during the race. Didn't think that would happen this season but now I will have to do some liposuction on my 300+ pound overweight car as everyone is stepping up their game and I am really curious as to how much faster I can be with my car when it's near the 2600 lb range.

Lose 300 lbs...you'll get my vote for Biggest Loser!

Seriously? Your car's around 2900? I guess not stripping anything and adding the cage...that makes sense.

My interior was not as nice as yours before I ripped it out, especially your pristine dash. I still tried to be careful and saved alot of it, it just seemed like a waste to trash it. But I ran out of patience after a while, parts of the headliner, carpet and rear seat couldn't be saved. I ended up giving most of it to my brother for his '83, so I can still visit my old interior sometimes.

Congrats Rick!
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:New Track Record at Infineon this past weekend 14 years, 1 month ago #7099

Go Ricky Bobby, thank ya little lord baby jesus!!! Man that is rok'n, all of you guys up there are getting faster. Gonna have to watch out for the NoCal boys at Nationals!!!

Congrats buddy,
Norman #99
Last Edit: 14 years, 1 month ago by norman#99.

Re:New Track Record at Infineon this past weekend 14 years, 1 month ago #7100

Nice job Rick!

Sid.. 300lbs over weight!

Ditch that weight and you will gain all kinds of time.

The car will accelerate faster and turn better. I have seen guys run fast up to about 80lbs overweight, but 300 is massive.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds