Porsches at the Point CASH race Oct 9-10
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/

TOPIC: Porsches at the Point CASH race Oct 9-10

Re:Porsches at the Point CASH race Oct 9-10 13 years, 7 months ago #8124

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I'm planning on making it but need to do alot of work on the car. Motor was way down on power and I'm hoping it is just a clogged airfilter. It gets packed with rubber on a normal weekend but at Miller rubber was flying everywhere! Oil pressure was down to 1 to 2 bar for the race so hopefully it was just hot as it has pressure now. Transmission is working great now after spending last friday evening underneath the car for a few hours! A new axle to boot!

As some of you know, I'm going to make my family very mad if I race because it is moving weekend for my mother in law so I may have to move in with one of you after the race!

Re:Porsches at the Point CASH race Oct 9-10 13 years, 7 months ago #8134

You can stay in my trailer for a few weeks if you need it

Re:Porsches at the Point CASH race Oct 9-10 13 years, 7 months ago #8145

Okay, I paid my registration and will be there for sure now.

I've arranged with folks to bring some of the kids I teach and their families to have the opportunity to come out to the track again. They're going to have one of the chief instructors give them a talk about racing and have the chance to check out vehicles in the paddock. Nobody has to do anything with them, just giving you a heads up if you're wondering what a bunch of kids are doing hanging around. If the schedule permits, and there are people with cars with extra seats, it would be great if we could take some of the kids on parade laps.

I've also got that extra strut to give to Rick. Thanks again for bailing me out last time.

Re:Porsches at the Point CASH race Oct 9-10 13 years, 7 months ago #8153

Count me in. Still need to do a few things to the car since the last race like get rid of those 5+ year old tires and put on a fresh set.

It would be nice to corner balance my car and get an alignment before the race weekend. So when does our fearless leader have time to open up his awesome tuning garage and let his fellow racers have access to his digital scales?
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:Porsches at the Point CASH race Oct 9-10 13 years, 7 months ago #8155

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Regarding kids at the track, there were lots of Boy Scouts at Miller. I put several groups of them into my race car so they would have the experience of sitting in a race car. I also put some into Charlie Buzzetti's car and Dave Hauck's car (Az. region).

You might want to think about doing that with them. It is always a big hit with kids and parents to get pictures of them seated in a car. I also put the parents into the car as well. Always hoping to get someone excited about what we do.

Jim
Jim Foxx

Re:Porsches at the Point CASH race Oct 9-10 13 years, 7 months ago #8156

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
We had quite a few in our car as well. We let them buckle up and act like drivers. A friend of ours from Utah is a scout master and brought his 8 year old son with Down syndrome by and we got a few pics of him as well. We also gave him one of my medals NASA gave me and he was thrilled! It was also a highlight for Kim and I.
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds