Username Password: Remember me

Lasik
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Lasik

Lasik 13 years, 3 months ago #9269

Okay, not 100% race related, but I need to share the glee. I just got Lasik done yesterday and am freaking loving it! Can't wait to be able to put on a helmet without trying to wedge glasses in, or fiddle with stupid contact lenses.

Had my 24hr check-up this morning and my vision is already 20/20, and still clearing up! Basically, all the eyedrops and extra fluid they put under the flap in the eye make me vision kind of like I just got out of a pool.

No pain. Very minimal discomfort. A bit more light sensitivity. And I need to be careful about not rubbing my eyes for a while.

I'm really psyched about this and we'll see how it works out with racing.

Re: Lasik 13 years, 3 months ago #9270

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Jealous !

I've been considering it for a while - just haven't pulled the trigger.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Lasik 13 years, 3 months ago #9271

• Big Dog
  • Banned
OK, we need a new rule for you guys. Since we can not be sure your vision won't go bad in the middle of a race, anyone with lasik should start at the back and STAY there.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: Lasik 13 years, 3 months ago #9279

Well, the only real concern is maybe if I take a hard hit. I just think that means you all should be required to give me and extra car's-width of clearance to be sure you don't create a hazard for me on track.

Re: Lasik 13 years, 3 months ago #9282

I had it done 6 years ago and it was the best thing I've ever done for myself.

I hit a concrete wall straight on at around 90 at Summit Point since then and my eyes didn't explode so I think you'll be OK.

Careful when working under the car. You get used to having your glasses for eye protection and may not think about the dirt etc that falls in your eyes.

Re: Lasik 13 years, 3 months ago #9284

944Racer72 wrote:
Careful when working under the car. You get used to having your glasses for eye protection and may not think about the dirt etc that falls in your eyes.

Yes, I did notice that. I was doing a few things today, and intentionally stopped myself to avoid getting stuff. I was using sunglasses to keep under-car-crud from falling in my eye, but it was too dim. I just called it a day until I can get myself some proper safety goggles.

It's silly, but I'm loving little things; like being able to read the backs of soap bottles on the bathroom counter when I get out from the shower. I know how absurd that is.
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds