Username Password: Remember me

Found the Cause of my Sudden Power Loss
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
NASA California North Region Website

nasanorcal.com/
  • Page:

TOPIC: Found the Cause of my Sudden Power Loss

Found the Cause of my Sudden Power Loss 16 years ago #961

I guess after 25 years, many things fall apart and what led to my power loss was the catalytic converter. I was planning on doing a few things to my car and one of them was to remove the cat because I have a trailer now. Art removed it and welded on a straight pipe and found out the cat was clogged. I did notice some backfiring during the staging lap so this could be an indication of right before the cat goes bad. Either way, I am happy I am not spending a lot of money to fix this problem.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:Found the Cause of my Sudden Power Loss 16 years ago #962

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
Great!...now he can get to work on MY car! Ha!
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71

Re:Found the Cause of my Sudden Power Loss 16 years ago #977

I don't know about that. I have a few more things to do before the next race.

Were you able to drop your car off to Art this past weekend? Hope he gets your car done soon so you can get back out there and have fun and join us soon.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:Found the Cause of my Sudden Power Loss 16 years ago #1003

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
I'm picking my car up on Saturday. Art is doing the clutch and adjusting my brakes, I never got them feeling right after I installed the ss lines. He might do the power steering delete too.
I hope to be back on the track soon. I am planning on doing a PCA AX on May 18. I want to do one of the NASA events in June if I don't do the Driving Concepts school. I am doing the 24 Hours of LeMons on May 10-11 too. Check out my sweet Camry!
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71

Re:Found the Cause of my Sudden Power Loss 16 years ago #1005

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Hey Jeremy,

The LeMons car looks sweet. Can't tell from the picture how the front bumper is held on but you might want to reinforced and armor up. They moved the later California LeMons race all the way to Dec 27-28. "Arse-Freeze-Apalooza" is appropriately name because it'll be freezing and most likely wet at Thunderhill during this time. We have to figure do we really want to do this.

If you're doing the May 17th autoX at Alameda some of us can join you since it's so close for the Bay Area guys.
--Ken

Re:Found the Cause of my Sudden Power Loss 16 years ago #1012

• Jump07
  • Senior Racer
That bumper is held on with good ol' American baling wire...and a few bolts. We cut out most of the fenders so as to reduce the shrapnel factor on our tires. We still need spare rims/tires and a cap & rotor...and we'd like to get some new rear struts...then we're good to go!
Ya that December one might be pretty cold, wet and miserable. I might wait until the NEXT one to repeat. I'll probably need a new car for the next LeMons.

I'm doing the May 18th PCA LPR Autocross at Marina Airport....maybe I'll do the Saturday one with you guys at Alameda too. Is that a PCA GG one?
Jeremy Mathews
NorCal
1985 944 #07
2003 GMC 1500 Sierra Z71
  • Page:
Moderators: tcomeau
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds