Username Password: Remember me

CHI: 83 944 Complete Street Car FS
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: CHI: 83 944 Complete Street Car FS

CHI: 83 944 Complete Street Car FS 9 years, 10 months ago #17804

• dpRacing Dan
  • 944 Spec National Director
Recently bought this 83 944 that wasnt running. It'd been in storage for 5 years but like so many- electrical gremlins kept this thing from running.
To get it running I had to replace a pick up sensor and found the ignition housing had been broken (from someone trying to turn it while locked, braking the steering lock which broke the housing).
So now it runs fine. I did several other little repairs while I was at it.
I noticed the timing belt has been replaced recently (as the previous owner told me).
I replaced all the plastic timing covers, put the factory airbox back on it (they had cone filter and short ram on it). I replaced the AFM (the one on the car had been opened and I thought maybe tampered with). I put (used) factory cap, and wires back on the car, and put a factory coil back in it too.
Its got rare BBS rims on it (not spec legal but easily worth more than a set of cookie cutters or dials). It had a huge dent in the quarter panel which I popped out, and worked over lightly with hammer and dolly (I'm no expert obviously).
the biggest CON about the car in my opinion is the dent on the C-pillar area where it meets the roof. I know I could get it out with those weld studs and a slide hammer, but I dont have the tools so not gonna worry about it right now.
This is a manual car, NON LSD and long 5th.

$1350. I have a truck and trailer so delivery can be worked out.

Contact me directly at dpracingdan AT GEE MAIL DOT COM

Re: CHI: 83 944 Complete Street Car FS 9 years, 9 months ago #17932

• dpRacing Dan
Motivated to sell. Price reduced to $1250! Come get it!

Re: CHI: 83 944 Complete Street Car FS 9 years, 6 months ago #18295

• dpRacing Dan
UPDATE!

Now have clean title on the car and it does NOT need a clutch! Drove this thing 40 miles to work last Friday (with no plates SHHHHH). Just replaced the lower hose and thermostat due to it getting warm, discovered the cap wasnt locking properly- problem solved!
Need $1500 to break even - COME GET IT!
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds