Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

FS: 1984/87 944Spec - $SOLD
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: FS: 1984/87 944Spec - $SOLD

FS: 1984/87 944Spec - $SOLD 13 years, 5 months ago #8696

Hey there; I haven't posted here much at all, but I've been working on a 944Spec that I'm now selling. I've raced with some of you MidWeseterners before, as I drive the #003 SpecE30 in the Great Lakes Region. I picked up this car earlier last year to fix up and use as a rental at the Bluegrass Motorsports Park, which is only 30 minutes from me, in northern KY. The track surface is laid, but progress stagnated and there is no indication that the facility will be finished within the next 2 years. So, I need to cash out of this car and move it on to someone who will use it.

The car is an '84 that has an '87 powertrain. It was built for SCCA enduros in ITS, but it looks like it will fit right into 944SPEC. From what I was told, it had an impact in it's first race and was put away, then acquired by the person I bought it from. I got it sorted, fixing or replacing what was needed to get it to it's current state. It runs and shifts well, as I was just driving it around this past weekend, but it needs fluids changed to race-spec stuff and an alignment before being track-tested. The oil pressure was good and coolant temp stays below 200.

It seems to have been a very well-built car from the beginning. I understand there are some advantages to the '87 motor. It has the LSD transaxle (sorry, not sure what 5th gear ratio it has), Koni shocks, aluminum control arms with poly bushings, Momo steering wheel, wink mirror, helmet blower (with dash switch), and auxilary gauges (oil pressure, water temp, tach). The headlights and their motor are still installed and working.

I have a Corbeau seat and older G-Force belts and window net that will be in the car. I will have the front valence replaced (there's a fiberglass turbo-look front end included, but it's in 2 pieces) and the "flag" style mirrors installed. For the price of $5000, I'll have the belts/net updated to current, all the fluids changed to race-spec, and have the car aligned. This car has a title, which I will transfer to it's next owner.

I'll do my best to answer any questions. I'd prefer to have this car gone before winter to a) get it out of the shop where it's living and b) so the next owner can use the winter to tweak it to his/her desire for the 2011 season. Feel free to email at anthony.magagnoli at tema dot toyota dot com or Z3SpdDmn at aol dot com, or call 585-315-7606.

THANKS,
-Anthony
'87 BMW 325is SpecE30 #003
Instructor for: BMWCCA, PCA, Chin Motorsports, Street Survival
AnthonyMagagnoliRacing.com <<>> DTROneLap.com <<>> MyTrackSchedule.com

Drive Faster Now
Last Edit: 13 years, 2 months ago by Z3SpdDmn. Reason: sold

Re: FS: 1984/87 944Spec - $4500 13 years, 5 months ago #8796

Do any of the 944 experts have any comments on my car? Is my asking price reasonable? It's OBO, of course.

Thanks
-Anthony

Drive Faster Now

Re: FS: 1984/87 944Spec - $4500 13 years, 5 months ago #8855

I'm far from an expert but I would look at any 944 race car as how much would I have to spend to duplicate it.

Let's say, $1500 donor car with decent engine equivalent to yours.
$1500 for the cage installed
Maybe $500 credit for the LSD and other things done.

I'd say you are $1K high. If you put the work in to make it log book race ready, it might fetch asking price.

Purely my $.02 and that is probably what the advice is worth.

Re: FS: 1984/87 944Spec - $4500 13 years, 5 months ago #8856

One big unknown is if this car is Spec legal. ITS allows engine mods that are not spec legal, and expensive to make right - like lightening or balancing engine internals, porting heads, higher compression (than the allowed 10.5) etc. If you have a build sheet on the motor, it would help a lot. I'd love another car to be in the series, and would help to promote it if I knew the motor was legal.

'88 motors have the desirable high compression pistons, '87 motors just have a small advantages (bigger oil pan) than earlier ones.

The right price is in the details. The unknowns hurt, and put it at about $3K.

There was a basic, but race legal 944 Spec car on a legal, but unrebuilt motor that sold recently. Asking price was $3,500, not sure was the final sale price was (for reference).
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years, 5 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: FS: 1984/87 944Spec - $4500 13 years, 3 months ago #9348

Is this car still for sale?
"One car at the line is worth a thousand good ideas back at the shop"

Re: FS: 1984/87 944Spec - $4500 13 years, 3 months ago #9351

Yes. I thought winter would be a GOOD time to sell a racecar!

The car will have an updated (current) FIA-rated 6-point Camlock harness included.
-Anthony

Drive Faster Now
Last Edit: 13 years, 3 months ago by Z3SpdDmn.
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.11 seconds