Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Parting 944 Spec Budget build
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Parting 944 Spec Budget build

Parting 944 Spec Budget build 14 years, 9 months ago #5110

With my old car back in operation, it's time to sell the remaining part from "Flipper" - the car from the "budget build" thread that I put on its roof earlier this year.

Newly rebuilt LSD transmission with all new bearings, with rebuilt LSD at that time. Less than one season on it. $1,000 firm (rebuilds alone cost more than that, much less the trans & LSD units themselves)

85 Motor also rebuilt over the winter with 2 weekends + a Test & tune day on it. Builtby the same guy who built my '07 National championship winning motor that has raced 3 seasons w/o a hiccup. Torn down to the pistons & rebuilt with new:
-Rebuilt & shaved head
-Rings & bearings (even balance shaft bearings)
-Rings
-Belts & rollers
-Water pump & oil pump
-Cross-drilled crank (good clearance/no oversize bearings)
-Oil Pressure relief valve
-Block with excelent bores selected out of several we had
-951 oil cooler adaptor
-OEM Porsche AC delete bracket

This motor has one issue. It's oil pump will sporadically lose prime when it sits, requiring air pressure to reprime it and get pressure. It never loses pressure when runnning (through 5 races and a test & tune). We have replaced the oil filter, oil pump & OPRV. It may be that the press-in insert in the block for the OPRV is out of round. Running an Accusump system would make this a non-issue, or the insert could be replaced. Price reflects this: $ 2,000 (much less than the cost of a full rebuild, with a lot nice parts).

Front hubs with new stainless steel brake lines, new slotted rotors, repacked hubs/bearings, and newly rebuilt calipers, with good Hawk DTC-70 pads (3/4 pad left). $250 each (will separate parts if interested). Pads are gone

Rear Aluminum Bannana arms with hubs, newly rebuilt calipers with stainless steel brake lines, new rotors & DTC-60 pads (3/4+ pad left) $200 each. (will also separate if there is interest)

Recaro SPG seat. FIA cert expires next year. Some wear, but solid, no tears. Some black duct tape on a high wear area. Includes side mounts, but not slider. $300.

May also be selling Cobra Suzuka S seat with side mounts (no slider), with FIA cert good through 2012 (not pictured). As new. $450.

New in box Sachs clutch & throw out bearing. $450

Longacre Camera Mount $50

Late gas tank - free if picked up(have ore than one)

5 solid & straight Cookie Cutter wheels. At 14.5 lbs, the best Spec wheel (new car is late-offset). $300

AMB Transponder - $175 Sold

-Spare transmission - tall 5th, open, not rebuilt, $275

-Spare short block with good bores (few minor scratches) - $200 (pick up only)

Wheel & hub adaptor are not available.

All prices are + shipping.

Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Parting 944 Spec Budget build 14 years, 9 months ago #5111

• rlofgren
  • Seasoned Racer
tall or short 5th on the lsd trans?
944-SPEC #30 Norcal 2010 Champion
944-SPEC #23 non sunroof
1990 944 S2 street
2003 Mini Cooper S
Lofgren Construction
leafbranch.com/

Re:Parting 944 Spec Budget build 14 years, 9 months ago #5113

• fishguy
  • Comp School
please email me about the LSD gearbox.

you left no contact info in your ad, or i would contact you directly.

I want it.

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it or call me 520 461-9414

Josh
Last Edit: 14 years, 9 months ago by fishguy.

Re:Parting 944 Spec Budget build 14 years, 9 months ago #5114

Sorry, should have written that it's a tall 5th. I do have a short 5th LSD, but was planning on putting that IN the car.

Tentatively sold to Josh, awaiting confirmation.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Parting 944 Spec Budget build 14 years, 9 months ago #5118

• fishguy
  • Comp School
Sterling Doc wrote:
Sorry, should have written that it's a tall 5th. I do have a short 5th LSD, but was planning on putting that IN the car.

Tentatively sold to Josh, awaiting confirmation.

Thanks for holding it eric.
I assumed it was a short 5th, since that is all we use here in AZ.
I am going to have to pass on the one with the tall 5th.

i guess next time i will ask first before making any commitment.
Josh

Re:Parting 944 Spec Budget build 14 years, 9 months ago #5189

I am interested in the cookie cutters. Can you please email me? This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
Thanks,
Ashley
Ashley Burt
2011 RM Champion
2012 RM Champion
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds