Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Two Tranny's for Sale
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Two Tranny's for Sale

Two Tranny's for Sale 14 years, 9 months ago #5196

I have two transmissions for sale in the Phoenix area. One is from a 1988 924S, short 5th, open diff. The second is from my 84 and has the early transmission mounts, short fifth, welded diff. Both have been taken apart, examined, thoroughly cleaned and reassembled and are very good working condition. The one from my early car has only three track sessions on it since rebuild. Both came out of cars that got lsd's.

Your choice, $550 picked up or you pay shipping.
Steve Marlow
944 Spec #47x
NASA Certified Instructor
NASA AZ Licensing Director
2012 AZ Region 944 Spec Champion
Last Edit: 14 years, 9 months ago by spec944#74.

Re:Two Tranny's for Sale 14 years, 9 months ago #5202

I may be interested in the 924S trans. What more can you tell me about it? Miles? Driving experience, etc.
- Blake

1988 Black Spec-944 #141 - McDonald's

Re:Two Tranny's for Sale 14 years, 9 months ago #5204

The tranny had 90,000 passenger miles on it and then two race weekends (4 races) before it was replaced with a lsd unit. The car it came out of was purchased as a daily driver and became a parts car when the race car needed a motor. It is one of the tightest and smoothest-shifting trannies you will ever see, with virtually no side to side slop and very positive feel. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Steve Marlow
944 Spec #47x

Re:Two Tranny's for Sale 14 years, 8 months ago #5326

Steve,

Sorry for the delayed response. I am just trying to get an answer from my tranny guy as to the cost of putting the LSD i have in one tranny into yours. I can R and R the trans but the actual disassembly and reassembly is what is scary to me....i think it is an art.

Once I hear back from him I will let you know. Is it possible for you to stick it on a trailer headed to nationals? I am from Utah but will not be competing. I could pay you then or if your not there maybe a trusted friend of yours??

Do you have an email address that I can rech you at? I am not on here much but my email is syncd to my phone.

Thanks,

Blake
- Blake

Re:Two Tranny's for Sale 14 years, 8 months ago #5339

Blake,

I could definitely get the tranny on the trailer of one of the AZ guys going to Nationals. By the way, I has an LSD put into my current tranny that I took out of one that I had chewed the sycros up on and it went in with no problem, but you definitely need someone with some experience to do it or supervise. My email address is This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it and my phone is 623-826-3500. I do have someone trying to scare up the money for the 924 tranny, so let me know one way or the other ASAP. The buyer is not a racer and I'd like to see a racer to get it.
Steve Marlow
944 Spec #47x

Re:Two Tranny's for Sale 14 years, 8 months ago #5380

Steve,

I am afraid I won't be able to purchase that tranny from you the labor to swap my lsd to the 924s trans is quite expensive not to mention if i needed any parts while it was torn apart. I would want to replace the syncros just because that is the most cost effective way. Thanks for your patience

Blake
- Blake

• Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds