Username Password: Remember me

WTB: Springs/T-bars
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: WTB: Springs/T-bars

WTB: Springs/T-bars 14 years, 8 months ago #5470

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Looking for front springs and/or torsion bars. Anything's better than the tired old stock stuff I've got now. So if anyone has some 200-350# springs or 26-29mm t-bars that are collecting dust, maybe some they upgraded from and can let them go fairly cheap, let me know. Most of my budget is going to safety stuff, so I'm not ashamed to wear hand-me-downs for awhile!
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway
Last Edit: 14 years, 7 months ago by Gary_44.

Re:WTB: Springs/T-bars 14 years, 8 months ago #5472

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
When I got my car it had some suspension work done for the previous owner. He didn't know the specifics but when I pulled it apart it had 250lb springs, Koni yellows and an unknown Torsion bar. All I have left are the torsion bars and I just put the calipers around them and they measure 25mm. They are yours if you want them.

Ron

Re:WTB: Springs/T-bars 14 years, 8 months ago #5474

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Thanks Ron, let me know what you want for them and how I can get my hands on them. What's the next event your doing?

I think mine are the 23mm, so I'll take any improvement. I know it seems like alot of work for a little benefit, but I plan to do the hole-saw-in-the-rocker-panel method, and my own labor is free.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:WTB: Springs/T-bars 14 years, 8 months ago #5475

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
They are free and I'l be at the next Infineon event or can arrange something else if you need them sooner

Re:WTB: Springs/T-bars 14 years, 8 months ago #5484

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Well, free is always good for me. But you can at least let me spring for lunch or some beverages of choice.
I'm not planning to run at Infineon Oct. It's HPDE 4 only, so my son would be left out. I'm doing Nov Infineon instead. But if you can bring them with you it'll give me a good reason to come up. Thanks!
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:WTB: Springs/T-bars 14 years, 7 months ago #5659

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Hey Ron,
Nevermind on those t-bars. I found some 28mm from a VW Type1, supposed to be the same fit. They'll do for now.
Thanks anyway.
--- Ernest Hemmingway
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds