Username Password: Remember me

WTB: Early Style 1 Piece OPRV
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: WTB: Early Style 1 Piece OPRV

WTB: Early Style 1 Piece OPRV 13 years, 9 months ago #7801

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
I may have some binding with my 3 piece oil pressure relief valve (OPRV) and I'm looking for an early style 1 piece OPRV (can't use the later style '87+ as I'm told it won't work).
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re:WTB: Early Style 1 Piece OPRV 13 years, 9 months ago #7802

I don't think that the 1 piece early style was ever installed @ the factory. It was a retrofit for early cars that had problems with the 3 piece version. 87+ style will not work, different length and end style.

You will be very lucky to find an early 1 piece at a decent price. As you probably know, they are expensive new.

I've got some pics and comparison info between the early & late 1 piece designs if you want them.

Re:WTB: Early Style 1 Piece OPRV 13 years, 9 months ago #7806

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
Thanks for the photos - I won't need them as I have to use the early style. New the early ones cost $400+. I'm trying to look into going aftermarket sensor / gauges and deleting my OPRV altogether.
Joel

Re:WTB: Early Style 1 Piece OPRV 13 years, 9 months ago #7813

I used the pics to find a used one when I was in the same predicament as you. It helps vendors to identify what they have. I found one at PorscheHeaven for around ~ $250 IIRC.

Re:WTB: Early Style 1 Piece OPRV 13 years, 9 months ago #7814

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
Thanks. I wound up getting bad news. Rod bearings worn and crank scored so engine maybe toast. Won't be able to tell until it is apart.
Joel
  • Page:
Moderators: SvoChuck, joepaluch, tcomeau, KLR
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds