Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal

Re: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal 13 years, 3 months ago #10393

Anyone know where/if R1R's are available?

Neither Tire Rack, nor Discount Tire Direct carries Toyo. Treadzone lists them as "special order...not stocked" TiresDirect.com says they have "4 or more" Can't get them through our normal race tire channels...
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years, 3 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal 13 years, 3 months ago #10394

joepaluch wrote:
Look I know 5 guy in az who are good to go for the season on ra1s and few that might need a victoracer or NTO1 to make it through our season. We only have 6 races left for year. After having run 8 already. We don't need hoosiers.

We've been running an informal pole in NorCal and it seems we are probably good for the season on Toyos. AZ sounds about the same.

I'M NOT speaking for RMR but wasn't their plan to run in other classes anyway?

I keep coming back to the majority of people having Toyos for at least most of the season. Why not go the +7 route as it sounds like there are enough out there to get us going?

Hoosiers should be the last resort IMHO.

At the end of the day, I don't think this will effect me as a NorCal racer unless I attend Nationals as it sounds like we are going with the Toyos.

Re: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal 13 years, 3 months ago #10395

I fully agree that individual regions should do whats best for them, because the situation varys widely.

We still have to come up with a National option, that is viable through the year, and at Nationals. I've asked John Lindsey for some more help/input, we'll see what comes of that...
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal 13 years, 3 months ago #10396

If you use the +7 rule now, are there enough for people to get started?

If yes, why not do it and get through a few months. If necessary, we can re-evaluate the situation over time after seeing how inventories pick up.

Nationals is a long way off.

Re: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal 13 years, 3 months ago #10397

• many944s
  • Junior Racer
Eric,
I called earlier today to my suppliers checking on the R1R, the most I can get my hands is 9, though the pricing is decent.

-Nick
Bennington Motorsports

Re: Spec Tire Rule Change Proposal 13 years, 3 months ago #10398

This site illustrates the tire pretty well, just not our size:
www.tiresdirect.net/TOYO_Proxes_R1R_195_50R15_82V_P4715C885.cfm

I spoke with Debbie from Toyo today, 888 444 8696 she said the tire does not come in 225x50x15 but does come in 225x45x15 and there is a good supply available, but I would have to call my local Toyo guy. I left Bryan Shakelford a message and haven't heard back on price and his availability.

This site is from NASA's forum from a couple of years ago, drivers have experimented and compared 888's, ra1's with the R1R's, note that most of the cars are higher h/p and more weight than our cars which may not make the results totally accurate for us.
www.nasaforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26249&start=10
Norman #99
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds