Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Tire Resolution
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tire Resolution

Tire Resolution 13 years, 3 months ago #10517

NASA, and all the series directors have been in contact through 10PM last night, and again starting in the wee hours this morning. Here's where were at.

Each region has very different needs here for tires. The only NATIONAL rule that can accomodate that through the year is an open tire rule. NASA very much understands the problems that this brings up for us, and is encouraging us to work through those problems on a REGIONAL level. If your region is good on tires and/or can get by with "+7" tires, then work together, under the direction of your SD, and make a gentleman's agreement. If shortages make this unworkable at some point in your region, work with your series director to take advantage of the flexibilty that the open tire rule allows.

Hopefully we can move forward from here. Let's help each other find what tires are available, and embrace the adventure part of this. At the end of the day, we are club racers, who just want to get on track, and have good time with our buddies. None of this issue has to get in the way of that.
We're sure going to learn a lot over the next year!

With the last shipment of Toyos finally showing up, this takes the immediate pressure off for a while. I don't want to speculate on what the rest of the year may or may not bring, but we now have the flexibility to what works best for each region this year, regardless of what comes.

This is the year we figure it all out for ourselves in each region, as we go. Let's work together to make it work, and report back here. This could be fun! . Lets find out what the options are, and what works.

Personally, I will have a set of Toyos, a set of Nittos, and a set of Hoosiers this year. Yes, Hoosiers, too. I plan on running one of the enduros on these (running in E2/out of class), and gather some data for Nationals. I'll report back how it all pans out, and I encourage you guys to do the same.

Now, time to finish up the that race car for next weekend, and get some sleep!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.06 seconds