Sway Bar options
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Sway Bar options

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11077

• Bamf3000
  • Junior Racer
Is it part #5 in this diagram?

dcauto.gotdns.com/illustration/index/807141263

And if it is, it looks like a bushing isn't made larger than 23mm? So that is why I have to bore it out? Really wish there was a write up for what was needed. Maybe I'll create one and have it posted on here for any future racers that might be switching.

Also would it be better just to drill a hole in the a-arm where the drop link would go or would that compromise the strength of the steel a-arm?

Thanks again for all your help. Learning more about this 944 every day, no matter how frustrating it is lol.
-Aaron

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11078

Yes, that's it.

It also looks like part #3 came in two different sizes for early, and late cars according to this thread: forums.rennlist.com/rennforums/924-931-9...ar-bushing-help.html

Every used bar I have bought, has come with these bushings already.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 13 years, 1 month ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11079

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Correct and correct.

Again - I've always heard of hoging out the early bushing and never heard of using the late drop links on an early car. That is why you aren't finding anything in your searches. It's not a hard job to hog out the bushings and you will have the correct geometry for the arms. A pair of the early end mounts from a dismantler shouldn't be that much and the bushings are 3.60 each.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11080

• JerryW
  • Endurance Racer
  • If you feel in control you arent going fast enough
Part #3 as Eric says will need to be the late version for the larger M030 bars, as well as the correct sized bushing. You wont get the early center clamps to close over the larger bushings needed.
Jerry Whitteridge
Norcal #552

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11081

• Bamf3000
  • Junior Racer
Looks like that cleared up everything for me. Thanks for all your help. I am going to create a document for this, so it saves future racers some time on this conversion. Who do I need to contact to have it put on the site?
-Aaron

Re: Sway Bar options 13 years, 1 month ago #11082

• Bamf3000
  • Junior Racer
I am assuming that by larger, you mean anything over 24mm will require that 87+ center clip?
-Aaron
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds