Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

It must be the shoes...
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: It must be the shoes...

It must be the shoes... 12 years, 8 months ago #12263

Eyeing up all of the great deals at Saferacer and OG Racing this past weekend got me thinking that it is time for a new pair of racing shoes. I was hoping to get recommendations from the group.

I currently have Piloti shoes, which I think are a little too wide. I have caught brake and gas on occassion with these shoes.

Happy holidays!
-Shannon
-Shannon
Rothmans 944(pictured) is For Sale
Red 944 no. 16, 944 Spec Great Lakes

Re: It must be the shoes... 12 years, 8 months ago #12264

Go with Apex Performance - our sponsor and great people. I'm sure they will beat any deal you can find and already offer us 12%.

I use Piloti shoes so no recommendation there.

Re: It must be the shoes... 12 years, 8 months ago #12267

• Big Dog
  • Banned
Linda, at Apex, is terrific and she supports our class with discounts and give a ways at events like Nationals and Porsche's at the Point.

I agree that Piloti's tend to be too wide. I have Sparco shoes. Most of the race shoes I have seen are narrow on the bottom to avoid the problem you have found. Linda can assist you and will call you back.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: It must be the shoes... 12 years, 8 months ago #12270

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
I finally replaced my shoes after wearing holes in the bottoms of my Sparco's. I went with Puma's and like them pretty well. The soles are slightly thicker than what I was used to but after a few sessions wearing a new left shoe and old right one, I got used to the whole new pair and would recommend them. I did have to rough up the bottoms a little on pavement to get rid of the new rubber so they wouldn't slip off the pedals.

Re: It must be the shoes... 12 years, 7 months ago #12331

Thanks for all of the responses!! I ended up trying out some Alpine Stars. Pilotis were too big, pumas were too narrow (had trouble heel toeing), hopefully these will be just right.
-Shannon
Rothmans 944(pictured) is For Sale
Red 944 no. 16, 944 Spec Great Lakes
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds