Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Happy New Year and Thank you So Much!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Happy New Year and Thank you So Much!

Re: Happy New Year and Thank you So Much! 12 years, 6 months ago #12400

• cgktexas
  • Senior Racer
Great job on the cages...shipped and packed well

Going in the car...everything is looking good and well fitting

Great people to work with! very responsive and friendly!
Curt King
Flying Penguin Racing
an OtterHouseProduction (www.otterhouseproductions.com)
Rockwall, TX
#14 1987 944 Spec - in work (and getting closer)
For His Glory Ministry
Lake Pointe Church
Upper Room Dallas
TJT
Autism Speaks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hanksville Hot Rods

Re: Happy New Year and Thank you So Much! 12 years, 6 months ago #12401

GT944 wrote:
Hanksville Hot Rods wrote:

Greg, is Darrell your Dad? If so, please tell him hi and thanks again for me. My cell number and email are in the installation guide, so feel free to call/text/email if you guys have any questions.

He sure is! We are currently gutting the interior in preparation for the cage installation by RSR Motorsports here in SLC. We think that your install guide is great - clear directions and helpful pictures. Quick question - have you had many people that have had to trim the plate that goes on the frame channel closest to the dashboard? This is the A-pillar of the roll cage and it appears that the plate doesn't quite fit snug enough to the chassis (maybe a quarter to half inch of hangover)

Hi, Greg. I've never had a forward hoop plate that was so far out. The outside edge of the plate should come close to, or touch, the pinch weld on the top of the rocker. In that position, the vertical portion of the plate should be close to, or touch, the vertical inside wall of the rocker. If it is too far, then you can either grind/cut some width out of the plate next to the pinch weld to reduce the gap, or let me know and I'll be happy to send a replacement plate (or two, if needed) at no charge. I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Hank
www.944cage.com
www.hanksvillehotrods.com
In-house mandrel bender
Custom-fitted, ready-to-weld mail-order 944 cages

Re: Happy New Year and Thank you So Much! 12 years, 6 months ago #12402

Looks great, Curt! Thank you!
www.944cage.com
In-house mandrel bender

Re: Happy New Year and Thank you So Much! 12 years, 6 months ago #12403

• cgktexas
  • Senior Racer
GT944 wrote:

Greg, is Darrell your Dad? If so, please tell him hi and thanks again for me. My cell number and email are in the installation guide, so feel free to call/text/email if you guys have any questions.

He sure is! We are currently gutting the interior in preparation for the cage installation by RSR Motorsports here in SLC. We think that your install guide is great - clear directions and helpful pictures. Quick question - have you had many people that have had to trim the plate that goes on the frame channel closest to the dashboard? This is the A-pillar of the roll cage and it appears that the plate doesn't quite fit snug enough to the chassis (maybe a quarter to half inch of hangover)

Hi, Greg. I've never had a forward hoop plate that was so far out. The outside edge of the plate should come close to, or touch, the pinch weld on the top of the rocker. In that position, the vertical portion of the plate should be close to, or touch, the vertical inside wall of the rocker. If it is too far, then you can either grind/cut some width out of the plate next to the pinch weld to reduce the gap, or let me know and I'll be happy to send a replacement plate (or two, if needed) at no charge. I'm sorry about the inconvenience.

Thanks for the feedback!

-Hank

I had to grind the passenger side about 1/8" and it fit just right. Easy to do, just snuck up on it
Curt King
Flying Penguin Racing
an OtterHouseProduction (www.otterhouseproductions.com)
Rockwall, TX
#14 1987 944 Spec - in work (and getting closer)
For His Glory Ministry
Lake Pointe Church
Upper Room Dallas
TJT
Autism Speaks

Re: Happy New Year and Thank you So Much! 12 years, 6 months ago #12405

Thanks, Curt. I'll make those a little shorter from now on.
www.944cage.com
In-house mandrel bender

Re: Happy New Year and Thank you So Much! 12 years, 6 months ago #12407

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
I think that it was less than a 1/4" - probably closer to that 1/8" that you're talking about, Curt. Just wanted to make sure that we were not way off here. We are planning on doing some minor modification to that piece, it should be no big deal! Maybe leave it as is, Hank - It is way better to have to take a little off than to have an undersized plate, as you well know. I would rather have a really tight fit rather than have a plate come up a bit short, personally.
- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds