Username Password: Remember me

New Rules Are Posted
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: New Rules Are Posted

Re: New Rules Are Posted 12 years, 5 months ago #12788

• GT944
  • Senior Racer
Good deal, this sounds reasonable. Just an FYI - I'll be putting a new '88 motor build into service this season and I'm happy to share my results if the group is interested.
- Greg - #518

'88 944 Spec Racer - Race Ready! (finally)

Re: New Rules Are Posted 12 years, 5 months ago #12790

Joe is correct - the options are there only if the data makes a clear case for it.

We'd love everyone to post their dynos. Nothing helps keep the series clean like a little sunshine.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: New Rules Are Posted 12 years, 5 months ago #12792

Some dyno testing was performed about 10 years ago to address this topic of 88 motors. Back then there was no conclusive data the 88 made and any more power. So the issue was dropped with the allowance to shave early heads to match compression, but an output in the rule that a penalty might be created. In the early years of the series having a solid motor was more important than the pistons. So over time the issue was dropped.

Now 10 years on there are alot more properly built motors and it is time really revisit the idea. The 2012 wording is really a notice that there could be changes for 2013. Nothing will outlaw the 88 motor or 88 pistons, but if there is a clear edge then maybe some adjustments to either bring the other cars up or cap the 88's some how to ensure parity is maintained.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 12 years, 5 months ago by joepaluch.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds