Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Challenge for the RM region!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Challenge for the RM region!

Re: Challenge for the RM region! 12 years, 1 month ago #13271

Finally got to watch the race through Eric's windshield, what an awesome race! You guys in the RM region have a huge group of great drivers. Congrats on the first of the big pay outs, to the podium finishers and to my bratha "double D" you da man! The track does look like a ton of fun.

Eric, other than National's, what region are you hitting up next? I am living vicariously through you. Dr. Dude, you're killin it on all of these tracks that you haven't driven before!

Thanks for the good entertainment!
Norman #99

Re: Challenge for the RM region! 12 years, 1 month ago #13273

It's all thanks to the RM Region. They were great hosts, and openly shared tips and data. That, and walking the track Sunday (along with a clean air filter), shaved off 2 seconds between Saturday, and Sunday. It was the most fun I've had racing in a long time! Wish you could have been there, Norm! If only we could get you out to Nationals!!!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Challenge for the RM region! 12 years, 1 month ago #13274

Having been lucky enough to travel around and race with several regions, it's amazing how different each region can be but yet all have the the basic attributes like, being hospitable, helpful and passionate about racing! I raced with RM about 5 years ago and had a blast, they're fast and a fun bunch of guys and girl (Michelle) I am sure they are even much faster now with the seat time.

I always wish I can race at every event, regardless of where in the country, but 4,000 miles round trip to Mid OH, can make it a bit of a challenge! But ya neva know, we are all one lotto ticket away from doing what ever we want!

Cheers
Norman #99
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by norman#99.

Re: Challenge for the RM region! 12 years, 1 month ago #13281

• dmdirks
Finally got my in-car video up from Sunday's inverted start:
vimeo.com/43499816

Please excuse my car's ugly interior...
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region

Re: Challenge for the RM region! 12 years, 1 month ago #13297

• tcomeau
Eric,
That looks like a great track and you had a great race. Your engine really revs! If your tach reading is accurate, you were showing 6585 rpm at 23:38 in the video. Is that right? When does your rev limiter hit? 6600 rpm?
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!
Last Edit: 12 years, 1 month ago by tcomeau.

Re: Challenge for the RM region! 12 years, 1 month ago #13300

• tcomeau
Talk about reving high! Dirks video shows at or very close to 7,000rpm at 15:20 and 21:02 in his video.
Early DME rev limiter is at 6400 + 200 rpm more for the 88 DME? HUH?! Optical illusion?
Tim Comeau
SoCal 944 Spec #22 since Feb 2003.
Let's keep building it!
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds