Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

National Championships at Mid-Ohio
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: National Championships at Mid-Ohio

Re:National Championships at Mid-Ohio 15 years, 9 months ago #1940

Re:National Championships at Mid-Ohio 15 years, 9 months ago #1941

Welcome to the club John ! I really am sorry that we all can't join you.

Re:National Championships at Mid-Ohio 15 years, 9 months ago #1942

i wanted to ask if all of you running at nationals had shaved r888s or full tread depth, currently in my cup races ive been running full depth but in 1 sprint took off half the tread depth. also how long would the tires last shaved, do i need to buy another set or will my current set last me through the whole event. any information would be greatly appreciated due to my engin problem we havent been able to run enough to get sufficent data. does phills tire sell shaved tires at the event, and how much do people shave off? sorry i know thats alot of questions

Re:National Championships at Mid-Ohio 15 years, 9 months ago #1943

Don't shave the R888.
They don't need to be shaved to be fast. This due to only 6/32 of initial tread and a much larger tread block.

Run the R888 full thread and just run them at least one heat cycle first. This way they are broken in.

Beyond that I can't give you any more tip on the R888 as I have not run them yet. I will be starting to use mine in the middle of September. I still have set of RA-1's that I will be racing on so I will be breaking the R888 in my first weekend and start racing them once the RA-1's I have wear down.

As for how long they last... We don't have solid data on that either, but tread depth is not the biggest issue. The RA-1's were at their best bald. You do have 2 sets of tires right? For the past 6 years I have always used to sets. One worn down and "race ready" and another being broken in. This way any tire problems and I always had a back up set. I will continue to do that with the R888.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 15 years, 9 months ago by joepaluch.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds