Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Need tech help with video!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Need tech help with video!

Need tech help with video! 12 years, 2 months ago #13243

Guys, I have the coolest video from the HPR inverted start, but it has a problem I can't figure out. I can watch the whole thing in my computer, and the Traqmate data synced fine, but all my video editors, and Vimeo, can' t use it. The Vimeo post is here https://vimeo.com/43053809. This is great stuff, but somehow corrupted. I suspect it's a problem how my camera is encoding it, as I've had some trouble with it putting out damaged files recently. Still, this video can be run just fine by Quicktime, and windows media player, so it should be workable. Help!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Need tech help with video! 12 years, 2 months ago #13244

• Bottoz
  • Seasoned Racer
I'm not familiar with vimeo, but with youtube, sometimes it takes a while for the servers to process/encode the video into their format. I'd check back in an hour, or maybe there could be a problem with how the file named on your system?

If you have a youtube account, could you try to upload it there? Although, I think new users have a video length limit.

OffTopic: I really like youtube's image stabilization feature. It makes really shakey car videos not so shakey.

*edit* - I read some of the vimeo help forums. It seems that they want to you to uplaod the video from either Safari or Chrome... ?
C.J. Botts
1984 944 #37

2007 RM HPDE Driver of the Year
2010 RM Instructor of the Year
2013 RM 944SPEC Director
Last Edit: 12 years, 2 months ago by Bottoz.

Re: Need tech help with video! 12 years, 2 months ago #13245

Success (mostly)! I can't add my comments, but converting it to a Divx file allowed it to run. Vimeo does MPEG, but that file is corrupted in some way. Even my camera can't read it's own file - time for a new camera!

Anyway, the video is here:
https://vimeo.com/43067917

Here's what supposed to be in the comments:

19 944 Spec Cars
2 Spec Miatas
1 fully inverted start
No 944's were injured in the making of this video

Driver: Eric Kuhns - visiting the NASA RM Region for the first time from the Midwest.
Started P20, finished P3
Red #76 - David Dirks started P21, finished P1

Forward to 2:05 to see a beautiful field of 944's forming up for the start.
The whole race is worth watching, but the action really starts to heat up about the 9:45 mark.
I catch the eventual winner at 11:20. A great battle ensues, with a pass, repass, and side by side action from 14:40 to 15:40.
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Need tech help with video! 12 years, 2 months ago #13247

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
What sort of video editing software are you using? I have used RaceRender for my last two videos and haven't had any problems. I would try opening it in a video editor that is able to play the video and then save it as some other format that is commonly used. RaceRender doesn't allow for any swoopy graphics but it gets the job done.

As for a camera, I plan on buying the GoPro add on for my traqmate when I get some spare income. RaceRender can sync data and video so Im not too concerned with doing it now but the GoPro add on does allow the traqamate to turn the camera on and start recording when the session starts. I always hated not having a remote for that stupid thing.
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Need tech help with video! 12 years, 2 months ago #13248

I tried using a bunch of editors - Movie Maker, IMovie, etc. This is a new issue though the last couple of event. The setup has worked for 3 years. As I'm getting lots of "this file needs to be fixed" error messages, I think my camera is the issue. 3 years in a race car is about all you can expect.

The TM to Sony LANC works great - makes starting/stopping/syncing video & data easy. I just went out an bought another Sony. This one should have a little better video quality, to boot.
Eric Kuhns

2011, 2012 2nd

Re: Need tech help with video! 12 years, 2 months ago #13251

• dmdirks
Great video Eric! Now I need to figure out how to upload mine...
David Dirks
www.944MotorWerks.com
2010 944-Spec National Champion
Rocky Mountain Region
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds