Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

parts car, LSD ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: parts car, LSD ?

parts car, LSD ? 15 years, 11 months ago #1459

There's a really ugly 944 ('83 I think) down my way for sale. I'm wondering if there's anything other than a rebuildable motor worth looking at in it. Can you experts tell if it has an LSD from the Vin #s ? The one on the dash is:
WP0AA0949DN459849
the one on the firewall is:
WP0ZZZ942DN459849
I know the PO and he always claimed it was a european model, special edition or some crap like that. Let me know what you think. Thanks

Re:parts car, LSD ? 15 years, 11 months ago #1461

I guess the best way to tell is to jack the rear end up and spin the tires to see if both wheels rotate in the same direction. I do see some Fuchs on the front but the seats don't look like sports seats.

Also you can check the options code sticker that is located between the 2 rear tail lights right next to the spare tire and see if there is a code 220.
Window Tinting
Paint Protection
Vinyl Graphics

Re:parts car, LSD ? 15 years, 11 months ago #1465

cullenwinter wrote:
The one on the dash is:
WP0AA0949DN459849
the one on the firewall is:
WP0ZZZ942DN459849

Ok,
What I can tell from teh VIN is that it is a US car

The way to tell is 83 model year is D

So
DN45xxxx = USA
DN40xxxx = RoW

I cannot tell from VIN if has an LSD. Even so depending how rough it could still be salvaged I bet. Motor, tub, suspension, gearbox(eeven if long 5th & open). My 84 started out alot like that.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:parts car, LSD ? 15 years, 11 months ago #1467

I forgot to look to see if it has PS. A manual rack could be useful.

Re:parts car, LSD ? 15 years, 11 months ago #1468

The car has a manual rack. Now powersteering tank near the oil filter. Nearly all 83's are manual steering. Power was optional I believe, but rare.

Also looks like may be at least 1 late offset phone dial on it. Left rear. I can't see the right rear very well, but that looks also looks to be a late PD. Not sure if they are the desired 7" or 924S 6" wide versions.

Also the steering wheel looks just like the one in my 944.

I still use it now.

my 84 back in 2000 after I put in the good motor, stripped it and cleaned her up a bit.

Steering wheel look familiar?

I need to scan some of my really old pics of this car as was pretty nasty. However I took them back in the days of FILM. No digital pics back then. My 84 was pretty scrary really... But now runs great.

So this junker can be salvaged...
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 15 years, 11 months ago by joepaluch.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds