Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

What sets 944 Spec from the rest....
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: What sets 944 Spec from the rest....

What sets 944 Spec from the rest.... 11 years, 2 months ago #15390

I am working to get my license to race Spec 944. While not a 944 racer yet, The 944 SE group has made me to feel part of the group. I want to give thanks to the guys for making this one of the best weekends at the track and why I know I picked a great group. I have my 944 Spec car ready but still working on the driver.

Thanks to Michael Dearstyne, SE 944 Director, and Jason Werner for registering in DE3 Friday to help work on my traffic skills. Nothing like having someone bump draft while another is crowding you in the turns, making sure to push offline.

A big thanks to Eric Kuhns, the 944 National Spec Director, for taking time to ride along and give me some pointers. After feeling fast, I let him drive my car. Definitely know that my car is not being driven to its full potential. Eric has some skills. I believe he blew away the previous track record by more than 2 seconds.

The guys are quick to provide instruction and pitch in to complete my 944 car. Where else can you forget to put a racer's hood pins, not seat the dip stick, and give wrong grid position whereas they passed a pace car getting DQ'd, and they still let me be a part of the group.

944 Spec really shines when you see that everyone pitches in to help make you a better driver and are quick to pitch in when your need help on your car.

Looking forward to RRR.

JustME Racing Team
944 Spec
Columbia, SC
#4 86 944
Fast Tater Motorsports

Re: What sets 944 Spec from the rest.... 11 years, 2 months ago #15392

Fred - ya did well in a car with a solid rear suspension!

You guys are putting together a great group - keep building it!

944 Spec is about helping each other out on the track, and racing well on track. This is a driver, and driver development class!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds