Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: 2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta

2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta 10 years, 1 month ago #17533

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Registration is open for this years East Coast Championships. The website is also up, and the initial regulations are posted.

nasachampionships.com/east/

Racing:

$799 in July and August
$299 “Supersize” fee for second race entry.

Entry list page is live and updated weekly: www.nasa-se.com/champlist.php?coast=east

Tentative Schedule: www.nasaproracing.com/nationals/East_Combined_2014.pdf
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 9 years, 8 months ago by AgRacer.

Re: 2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta 10 years, 1 month ago #17535

I think you'll see a lot of turnout from the Midwest & Great Lakes this year, so we should see a good turnout - 15+ no problem.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: 2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta 10 years ago #17559

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Registration opened today. I was thinking of super sizing into either GTS or PT, any thoughts?

Edit: After calculating PT points, I think we class out into PTD, two classes higher than initial classing. GTS1 might be the better option.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 10 years ago by AgRacer.

Re: 2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta 10 years ago #17560

• Big Dog
  • Banned
GTS1 is a great option but, at the Miller Nationals, there were never many cars and no tire money. It also required a different set of tires as it is an open tire class.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re: 2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta 10 years ago #17561

Neal ran very competitively in GTS-1 at Mid-Ohio on Spec size BFG R1's, but he also got collected by a spinning car that resulted in a bent cage, and totalled race car. The speed differences in GTS are huge, and drivers not always very patient in getting through.

If you want to compete in PT, seek a dyno reclass - we often end up in PTE then.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 10 years ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: 2014 East Coast Championships @ Road Atlanta 10 years ago #17577

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Well in the SE region, they often put all the GTS cars with us in the Blitz group, at least thats been the trend so far this year. The MA race I just did, they put GTS1-2 with Lightning, and the faster cars in Thunder. I figured that I might want to switch tires to really be serious about competing, but the RRs dont seem to be that far off some of the other known sticky tires other than the softest of the bunch (Hoosier A6s etc).

I just registered, they also just added an entries list page and we already have 4 registered including myself.
J. Stanley
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 10 years ago by AgRacer.
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds