Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

dash pad
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: dash pad

dash pad 9 years, 9 months ago #17883

I need to be sure that the dash pad is allowed to be removed for 944 spec, NASA Racing. Thanks in advance

Re: dash pad 9 years, 9 months ago #17884

Take a moment to download the rules and go through them - you'll find the answer to many questions there. Here is the relevent section for your question;

17.2.2 Dashboards may be modified or replaced with panels that will conceal the instrument
cluster and remaining dashboard wiring. Dash areas must maintain a clean and neat appearance.
Additional gauges may be added. Stock gauges may be removed or replaced.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re: dash pad 9 years, 9 months ago #17885

Thanks, after reading the rules I am still not clear on the dash pad (mostly on the passenger side) I have looked at in car cameras and there is no pad on some but I am not sure the car is a 944 spec car as stated in the video. Is the metal frame inside the car which is connecting both A pillars without the cracked pad that is on it not considered the "Dash Area" Just looking to clarify this. Thanks

Re: dash pad 9 years, 9 months ago #17886

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
For all intensive purposes, the dash is an open modification area meaning that you can do whatever you want with it, so long as it maintains a professional, presentable, and neat appearance. We want to keep our cars looking nice and not like a mess of wires and zip tied gauges since this helps the perception of the class which helps build the class numbers.

Nothing about my dash is stock, but the shape of it is molded off a late dash. There are others that just have a simple flat horizontal surface with a vertical surface on the front to mount gauges and no other shapes to it.

J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60
Last Edit: 9 years, 9 months ago by AgRacer.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds