Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Family Day "Race Report"
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Family Day "Race Report"

Family Day "Race Report" 15 years, 9 months ago #1920

The second annual VFC Pedal Car Invitational presented by 944 Spec (just made that up ) was a great success with one of the largest class turnouts at Autobahn - 9 drivers.

Each got 3 runs through the cones with the single best time counting - like TT for kids.

I'm proud to say my daughter Sarah has earned the chance to test the Kettcar GXP-R with her blazing 19 second run through the cones (If you never saw the TV show "Set-Up" this may be lost on you). With any luck, she be in the pro-Kettcar circuit soon. Cody also appears to have a future with NASA, running a 20 second time, which was FTD until the last round. Austin was also close behind. A good effort was put out by all the kids, and clean racing prevaled - what a great set of junior sports(wo)men!

Next year, maybe we'll bring an Adult-size Kettcar (they do make them) for a Spec Miata/944 Spec/AI/etc. Challenge!

Complete results, of each child's fastest time below, in the order they ran (in seconds).

Cody K: 20
Sarah: 19
Jack: 30
Ethan: (No time)
Cody H: 31
Anna: 27
Jarad H: 27
Abby: 40
Austin: 21

Pics below!

Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Family Day "Race Report" 15 years, 9 months ago #1921

Great fun !

Re:Family Day "Race Report" 15 years, 9 months ago #1924

That is cool to see!
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Family Day "Race Report" 15 years, 9 months ago #1929

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
Do they get style points for drifting?
they all look so focused, I wonder if I still make those faces when I'm at the track.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Family Day "Race Report" 15 years, 9 months ago #1931

Kettcars tend to push relentlessly - d/t a worse-than-a-911 weight distribution, and no suspension to adjust, so drifting was pretty impossible - would have been fun, though! They were allsmiles after though, and I know I still do that (unless the car blows up )
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds