Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Announcing the new 944 Spec National Director!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Announcing the new 944 Spec National Director!

Announcing the new 944 Spec National Director! 8 years, 6 months ago #19905

New 944 Spec National Director

After almost exactly 5 years as the 944 Spec Series director, it is time to step aside for someone with a fresh fire in their belly. While I continue love the class, the racers, and what it stands for, my time is more limited by family and medical practice needs, and I have decided to step down rather than proceed on cruise control. There is no drama prompting this, it is just time. I want more for the class than I can give at this point. I will still be around to support things, and put my 2 cents in, though!

I'd like to thank all of you that I met, online, and in person. 944 Spec attracts the best group of racers throughout the country, bar none, and I have thorough enjoyed getting to know you guys. Many great stories from over the years, from many places.

[Drumroll]

Announcing Dan PiƱa as the new 944 Spec National Director!

Dan has been a member of NASA for 12 years, starting with driving the Inaugural 25 hours of Thunderhill. Since moving to the Midwest, Dan has raced with 944 Spec for the last 4 years, and is the current East Coast & Midwest Champion. Dan is the consummate budget racer, yet always has the cleanest car in the paddock. Dan's legendary car control skills are exceeded only by his fun-loving nature in the paddock and off the track. Dan has raced successfully all over the country, and with several organizations, before finding a home with NASA. Dan will bring much needed online/social media/tech savvy onboard to help grow the class, and has a great passion for the ideals of 944 Spec.

I will let Dan take it from here!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd
Last Edit: 8 years, 6 months ago by Sterling Doc.

Re: Announcing the new 944 Spec National Director! 8 years, 6 months ago #19908

• dpRacing Dan
  • 944 Spec National Director
Thanks Eric!

What big shoes I have to fill!

Like so many, I was roped in by Eric and the Midwest/Great Lakes region of 944 Spec. I honestly walked into the class thinking "I'd never own an old Porsche to go racing- what a terrible idea!" But, after a year of renting, and seeing what good, close racing it was, I was totally hooked.
The standout reasons that brought me into the class are what I'll be pushing hard to show others who have not yet discovered our wonderful class.

-Affordability (both in initial cost and controlled spec rules not making this class a price war or "keeping up with the Joneses" like so many other spec classes

-Great comradery. At a regional and national level this class goes above and beyond to welcome everyone in, and keep everyone on track and competitive!

-Good Clean Racing! All in all, 944 Spec has a very positive, friendly vibe. There doesn't seem to be big egos,ugly rivalries, or lone-rangers. I have raced several other classes and love how much general respect within our class is given.

I don't plan to make any big waves. I really like what Eric and his predecessors have done for the class, and only hope to help it in places I feel could use a bit of help. The only area I immediately see that could use a booster shot is our media aspect. I hope to come up with some good promotional tools, like videos, and maybe a website, and possibly even a class-promotional car. I am more than open to any and all suggestions from all of you.

I am looking forward to learning more about each region, and will be reaching out to all my series directors. Please feel free to contact me directly from here on out for any questions or concerns. You can reach me directly at dpracingdan@ G MAIL DOT COM.

I hope I can live up to the high standards of those before me, it's gonna be a tall order!

Re: Announcing the new 944 Spec National Director! 8 years, 6 months ago #19910

• afonseca
  • Junior Racer
Congratulations Dan! I'm looking forward to seeing you around.

#44 Alberto Fonseca
? Region

Re: Announcing the new 944 Spec National Director! 8 years, 6 months ago #19912

• AgRacer
  • Administrator
Congrats Dan! No drifting rule changes and I move to immediately create a class Facebook page to help promote national events.

Also, lets talk about trying to get a 3 race series going next season between your region, my region, and the Mid-South guys. I wanted to get an earlier start to this this year and I hope now is the time. I have the draft SE region schedule so we can put something together sooner.

I am also working with the guys that organized the 944Fest to get them to co-host it with a SE region event where NASA rents the track and organizes the HPDE side of 944Fest, then provides a space in the paddock for the car show and vendors to setup. We can include this event as the SE event in the 3 race crossover series (likely Road Atlanta).
J. Stanley
NASA-SE Region 944 Spec Series Director
Yellow #60

Re: Announcing the new 944 Spec National Director! 8 years, 6 months ago #19915

• AEvans
  • Junior Racer
AgRacer wrote:
Congrats Dan! No drifting rule changes and I move to immediately create a class Facebook page to help promote national events.

Congrats Dan!

+1 on a 944-Spec FB page.
NASA Southeast
944-Spec

Re: Announcing the new 944 Spec National Director! 8 years, 6 months ago #19926

• RacerX
  • Endurance Racer
Congratulations Dan on being our new Fearless Leader!

BOWDOWN.gif

AND

Good riddance, I mean farewell to Eric.
Who has been a fair and impartial Director, leading us forward and
helping the Series grow and mature these past years.
Ken Frey #3 944-Spec MW Region

"Racing is life! Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Check out my build thread!!
www.944-spec.org/944SPEC/forum/race-car-...d/9155-new-car-build
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sterling Doc
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds