Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Hello all
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Hello all

Hello all 15 years, 7 months ago #2257

• LVkid76
  • Junior Racer
I have been visiting this site for the last couple months.
I just bought a pre 85 porsche 944 to make a spec racer. I got it real cheap. I have been referencing this site for the builds and tech articles. Thank you. I am going to do a progress site for mine as well. I pick up the car tommorrow. I cant wait. eager to get started on the removal process.

I am not new to 944. I currently have a 944 i drive to work daily for the last 2 years. So know about what I am in for.lol. I will post pics this weekend. Wish there was more here in NV for specs. My friend Tony who owns Carls place out here sold me the car. There are 3 other spec here running on the local track so have some local help. But glad to see there is a forum for specs other than rennslist for info. Well hate to bore ya.

LVkid76

Re:Hello all 15 years, 7 months ago #2258

Welcome to 944 spec.

I am from Arizona and probably the closest NASA region to you. Unforunatley NASA has never been able to develop a critical mass to sustain a region in Las Vegas, but we certainly do in Arizona. You are welcome to come here and do any racing or DE you like. We are 4.5 hours away!

Also don't hesitate to ask anying about race prep on these cars. We don't have any secrets and will tell you just about everything you need to know. We want new racers to come in with solid cars from the start.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Hello all 15 years, 7 months ago #2259

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
Welcome. Let us know once you have the build site up and running. At least you will be close/relativly to the Miller Motorsports races.
Lee

Re:Hello all 15 years, 7 months ago #2261

• LVkid76
  • Junior Racer
Thanks. I am so eager to get started. I will have pics up this weekend for the "When I brought it home first page"

I plan on taking everything out and cleaning the glue and and stuff first. Then I think first will be the new timing belt and rollers first. just so i know its done. car does run and nothing major wrong. My sponser for my drag car will do a weld in rollcage for me when I am ready. SWEET.

only thing I know is the front windshield is Cracked. other than that. even the rear hatch is good and the moon roof even works. lol.. Still thanks for just the info on the website. planning on the a/c delete bracket. alot cheaper than purchasing one. Of course I try to make anything I need versus buying when ever possible.

Re:Hello all 15 years, 7 months ago #2262

Welcome to the fun. You're kind of in the middle of a bunch of active regions (AZ, RM, NORCAL, SOCAL) which seems like a great place to be to me ! Choices !!

This is a very helpful bunch here, feel free to learn from our mistakes

Re:Hello all 15 years, 7 months ago #2263

• pixrken
  • NorCal 944-Spec Director
Anyone that lurks around here for a couple of months and don't have the common sense to run away as fast as they can from this racing addiction is ......... our kind of person.

Welcome, Welcome to 944-SPEC.

Good luck on your build out and if you have any questions I'm sure you'll get a lot of answers here.

Let me know the URL of your build out progress site and I'll link it from the Technical Articles section.
--Ken
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds