Username Password: Remember me

Generation gap
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Generation gap

Generation gap 15 years, 6 months ago #2440

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
My teenage son called me from my Dad's ranch shop and said, "I just figured out why they call them Phone Dials rims"
He was out there working on his car when the old rotary phone rang. He thought there was a fire alarm, he'd never heard a real phone ring. When he found the source of the noise, it hit him: Phone Dials!
Funniest thing is he called me on his cell phone because he didn't know how to use the dial.

I feel old now.
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway

Re:Generation gap 15 years, 6 months ago #2441

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
Working for the phone company, I still have a rotary dial princess phone that works great that my nephew thinks is cool!

Re:Generation gap 15 years, 6 months ago #2442

Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Generation gap 15 years, 6 months ago #2443

Now I feel old...
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Generation gap 15 years, 6 months ago #2445

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
You know you're gettin old when the "retro" items from your youth are back in style! Cool story.

Re:Generation gap 15 years, 6 months ago #2449

• Gary_44
  • Seasoned Racer
rd7839 wrote:
Working for the phone company, I still have a rotary dial princess phone that works great that my nephew thinks is cool!

Bad part is, but I've been a field tech for MCI and Verizon for my son's whole life.
I mean, the kid can text message from inside his pocket without looking, I just assumed...
\"There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.\"
--- Ernest Hemmingway
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds