Username Password: Remember me

Shopping List - Where Buy Parts / Equipment
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Shopping List - Where Buy Parts / Equipment

Shopping List - Where Buy Parts / Equipment 15 years, 4 months ago #2823

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
Would like to make sure I support the Spec sponsors as I have several items I need to buy to finish my car. I see the list of sponsors and want to buy from those who help significantly.

Front / Rear Tow Hooks (what style to use - SM style tow straps, the Turbo type steel eye, or the std 944 style tow eye plate).

Steering wheel quick release (I have a cheapo Pilot steering wheel from Autozone and want to add quick release to make it easier to get in the car as I'm 6'3" and steering wheel impedes my ingress/egress).

6 Point FIA belts

Seat Sliders to work with Kirkey seat (have the side mounts on it)

4 Pole Master Switch

Window Net Kit (quick release type that doesn't use belt buckle)

Rollbar Padding

Oil Pan Gasket and Bolts / Nuts

Timing Belt Kit

Axles Bolts

Front A Arms and bushings (will get them box welded)

Hawk Blue Pads and bumper ducts and 3" ducting (I have backing plates that attach to knuckle)

Hardwire AMB Transponder

Longacre (OP / WTemp) gauge panel and ignition switch / push start panel with aux switch (likely for hard wired radiator fan)

Vinyl Stickers (need to register #)
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/
Last Edit: 15 years, 4 months ago by jaje.

Re:Shopping List - Where Buy Parts / Equipment 15 years, 4 months ago #2824

Hi, Joel. I don't know what type of roll cage padding you prefer, but I stock SFI 45.1 cage padding with adhesive backing. My 944 racer price is $17.24 for a 3-ft length, plus shipping.

I also stock the spring-loaded upper window net rod and mounting hardware for $30.95 plus shipping.

You did not mention needing a cage, but FWIW I also offer pre-notched, ready-to-weld 944 cages.

Thanks for supporting us 944 series sponsors!

Hank
www.944cage.com
www.hanksvillehotrods.com
In-house mandrel bender
Custom-fitted, ready-to-weld mail-order 944 cages

Re:Shopping List - Where Buy Parts / Equipment 15 years, 4 months ago #2826

• jaje
  • Seasoned Racer
Hank - I'm interested in the Window net kit and the rollcage padding. The car had an autopower weld in cage added (I bought the car after it was completed). Thx. Joel
Joel
83 944 Spec (#74) - conflictedracer.wordpress.com/

Re:Shopping List - Where Buy Parts / Equipment 15 years, 4 months ago #2827

If you'd like to email me the quantity needed and your shipping address, I'll email back with the total for parts+shipping. Most customers choose 3-4 sticks of the padding, depending on whether they run a passenger seat. Thank you.

Hank
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it
www.944cage.com
www.hanksvillehotrods.com
In-house mandrel bender
Custom-fitted, ready-to-weld mail-order 944 cages
Last Edit: 15 years, 4 months ago by Hanksville Hot Rods.

Re:Shopping List - Where Buy Parts / Equipment 15 years, 4 months ago #2828

Jaje,

Call Chris Streit at MotoDelta. I don't have him up on the banner yet, but will soon. www.MotoDelta.com. Nice guy who races with NASA, and is a new sponosr for the Midwest 944 Spec next year. Tell him you're a new 944 Spec Driver, and that I sent you.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Shopping List - Where Buy Parts / Equipment 15 years, 4 months ago #2905

• GaryM05
  • Senior Racer
FWIW, I can highly recommend the window net mounting kit that Hank is offering. I’m very happy with the one that I bought from him last year.

For anything on your list that Hank or MotoDelta can’t provide, you should also consider Peak Eurosport (banner on the left has the link.) Call them up and talk to Chris, Rick, or Ernie and give them a chance to earn your business. Those guys have years of tech, racing, and car-building experience between them, and can help steer you in the right direction with any questions you have, and can get you great prices on any purchases you make.

Good luck with the build – I found with my car that it’s the list of little things (like what you’re working through now) that can really add up!
Snyder Motorsports #10 944 Spec
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds