Username Password: Remember me

Can I believe my eyes!
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Can I believe my eyes!

Can I believe my eyes! 15 years, 3 months ago #3075

• Greydog
  • Comp School
Did I read it right, or was I seeing things. Rules that allow you to throw that dash out in the trash where it belongs. It has always bugged me you had to retain the dash in Spec Miata, Spec E30 and most SCCA IT cars. It just gets in the way of building your cage and it is not that good looking modify it. Wow, someone is thinking, the only problem I see, if you want to run your car with other groups like PCA and SCCA.

By the way, great job on the rules!!

Re:Can I believe my eyes! 15 years, 3 months ago #3076

• comatb
  • Junior Racer
No problem running in PCA's SP1 class as it uses the 'Rules to current series rules for 944 Spec'.

Bill
#211 Eastern Canada, Great Lakes Region

Re:Can I believe my eyes! 15 years, 3 months ago #3077

Yes dash can be tossed.

The ideal orginally was to keep it in for appearance reasons. However with the allowance to cut it install the cage, plus the liberal rules on keeping part of it, plus the issue that old raty dashes held together with duct tape look bad anyway we said forget it. Dash can come out and no need to put it back in.

You do need some sort of dash to cover up the instruments so you don't have all the wires running all over. However this can be fabricated from aluminium or you can even run a carbon fiber factory style dash. So do what you want just make it look nice and neat.

BTW.. bill is Right on PCA. Run SP1 rules and you are fine.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Can I believe my eyes! 15 years, 3 months ago #3087

Sorry to restate the above but the 2009 changes to PCA rules are to update and match PCA rules with those of 944 Spec rules of other regions. AKA: no problem with PCA

Here is the link to the PCA 2009 Rule changes:

www.pca.org/clubrace/docs/2009%20Rules%20Adopted.pdf

Its on page 2
- Blake

1988 Black Spec-944 #141 - McDonald's
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds