Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

WTB Race Ready Spec 944 Car for Next Season
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: WTB Race Ready Spec 944 Car for Next Season

Re:WTB Race Ready Spec 944 Car for Next Season 15 years, 3 months ago #3286

944cer wrote:
Most race cars have removed at least the headlights, cat, climate controls and windshield wipers systems.

A good race car will still have the wipers. I have the complete system and just remove the wipers arms and install them when it looks like rain.

You don't need climate control in street car. Norm has no headlights and just bolted some lights back in for the street. Cat's can be quick change types and installed/removed when needed.

I run a stock muffler and Norm runs an aftermarket one. So you don't need a straight pipe for a race car. I have a straight pipe, but perfer the stock muffler and on track testing showed no power gain from the straight pipe.

BTW.. Norm's car is at minimum weight.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
Last Edit: 15 years, 3 months ago by joepaluch.

Re:WTB Race Ready Spec 944 Car for Next Season 15 years, 3 months ago #3288

Thanks Joe,

I knew that there was a street legal car out there that was competitive and Norm's was the one I was thinking about.

944cer brings up a good point as well about the issue of having serious failures although most of this time some one has a spare.
- Blake

1988 Black Spec-944 #141 - McDonald's

Re:WTB Race Ready Spec 944 Car for Next Season 15 years, 3 months ago #3289

• 944cer
  • Seasoned Racer
I use a heavy coat of rainx instead of wipers. I have also heard of drivers wishing they had left in enough for a defoster.

Re:WTB Race Ready Spec 944 Car for Next Season 15 years, 3 months ago #3290

944cer wrote:
I use a heavy coat of rainx instead of wipers. I have also heard of drivers wishing they had left in enough for a defoster.

I don't run much in rain here in Arizona, but I did a run on March at Cal Speedway. We had rain all day and temps in upper 40's. As we were on grid the skies opened with hail and a driving rain. Conditions were so bad that you had to drive around the puddles in places and a number of guys parked it on warm up lap. I ran with 1 wiper, rain X, and shaving cream on the inside glass. I just put some on wipe it down. I also have my stock heat box with the vents fixed to "defrost" mode. No working heater or blower motor so just speed based cold air.

My visibility was a good as can be expected with zero fogging. The only bad part was when a low afternoon sun popped up and in one place you simply could not see foward due to spray. I had to look out the side windows to see where the flag stand to know where the corner was. Still that was unique to the conditions.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:WTB Race Ready Spec 944 Car for Next Season 15 years, 3 months ago #3291

Sid, we currently have about 4 cars ready for spec conversions, and numerous engines on stands ready for rebuilds. Maroon 83, Guards 86, Silver/bluish 84, Silver 83, We are located in Kansas City, and support most of the PCA (Club racing and DE) and now Spec track events within a 4 hours distance (Heartland Park, Hallet, Hastings, MAM, Gateway, and do a few events up at Brainerd and Road America). We can build the car to your desired spec if you can't find something already built. Just another option.
Doc Wilen Racing
86 951

Re:WTB Race Ready Spec 944 Car for Next Season 15 years, 3 months ago #3297

• wesmc
  • Drivers Ed
PorscheDoc wrote:
Sid, we currently have about 4 cars ready for spec conversions, and numerous engines on stands ready for rebuilds. Maroon 83, Guards 86, Silver/bluish 84, Silver 83, We are located in Kansas City, and support most of the PCA (Club racing and DE) and now Spec track events within a 4 hours distance (Heartland Park, Hallet, Hastings, MAM, Gateway, and do a few events up at Brainerd and Road America). We can build the car to your desired spec if you can't find something already built. Just another option.

Is there only 4? It sure seems like more:)
Underground Autosport (yes, it really is underground!)
(816)665-6678
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds