Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Cool Suit cooler placement
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cool Suit cooler placement

Cool Suit cooler placement 15 years, 3 months ago #3336

Does it matter where in the car I place my cool suit cooler? I was worried it would be counted as ballast, and therefore need to be in the pass. footwell area. I would prefer it to be closer to me, where the pass. seat would go. Any thoughts/concerns/advice?

Thanks,
Rob

Re:Cool Suit cooler placement 15 years, 3 months ago #3338

Rob, provided you haven't rigged up a 20 gallon beer cooler to your cool suit (an obvious attempt to circumvent the rules by having a cooler complete out of proportion to the cooling needs), we don't restrict the placement of the cooler. In fact, you will find some holes in the passenger side floor of your car where I had my cooler mounted last year. [Rob has my old car]
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Cool Suit cooler placement 15 years, 3 months ago #3349

Cooler can be mounted any place. There are no regulations. So in effect is some level of moveable ballast.

I mounted my cooler in the passenger foot well. The reason was that I don't run my cooler all year or even all day. I run it at race time in the summer. So I need the car balanced with it in or out. The way I set up my car I have always noticed a change in balance on full tanks vs empty. However 0-40lbs of ballast in passenger's foot well seems to make little difference in balacne. So I put the cooler there. Easy access, short lines and less change in balance in vs out.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds