Username Password: Remember me

Joe Paluch
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Joe Paluch

Joe Paluch 15 years, 2 months ago #3642

• F1rocks
  • Junior Racer
You currently have your DME to manually turn on and off correct? Do you have any details or could you contact me offline on how you did that?

Thanks
Brent
fia289cobra(at)comcast(dot)net
Last Edit: 15 years, 2 months ago by F1rocks.

Re:Joe Paluch 15 years, 2 months ago #3645

great "topic" I was thinking oh man what's in here...

Re:Joe Paluch 15 years, 2 months ago #3662

F1rocks wrote:
You currently have your DME to manually turn on and off correct? Do you have any details or could you contact me offline on how you did that?

Thanks
Brent
fia289cobra(at)comcast(dot)net

Brent,
Yes my ignition has been modded to use 3 switches. The reason for this actually has roots in failed ignition switch back in 2001. I won't bore you with all the details, but I don't consider it the ideal set-up as I sort of backed into it during some troubleshooting it does work.

So here it is
1 push button switch to run the starter motor. This off the main ignition switch connector. 50 amp

1 "main power" switch. (50 amp) This I think is also off that connector, but I honestly can't remember. I was have some issues and changed some things I don't remember for sure

1 "DME" switch. This comes from the small diameter wires on the battery after the kill switch. Due to some issues i had I chose to bypass the chassis wiring an pull straight from the source. This is labled "DME" in the car.

all 3 switches run through stock wiring after they are switched on. So only the power input side is different. Once in the "on position" they run through the normal circuits they do on all 84 944 as the exit the ignition switch. If you are faimilar at all with 84 wiring there are 3 ciructs. 1 for starter, 1 for main system power and 1 for DME.

Now I did resolve all my electrical issues except for bad ignition switch so I could route main power and DME in a more stock fashion (ie 1 push button starter and 1 power switch to replace just the stock ignition switch at the connetor), but since what I have works I have never bothered.
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.08 seconds