Username Password: Remember me

More electrical issues
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: More electrical issues

More electrical issues 15 years ago #4126

• rd7839
  • Endurance Racer
After figuring out the factory alarm debacle, I finally got the car running again but now I've noticed the tach is not working. I believe it was working after I thinned out the wiring on the passenger side but don't know for sure. I didn't cut any wires that were not hanging free(except of course the alarm wires which were looped to each other) and touched nothing near the instruments but still no tach. I'm not sure where to start troubleshooting because the repair manual wiring diagram is very vague. Anybody have any idea's or does anybody have access to a wiring diagram, with color code so I can check continuity. I'm not sure which wires even go to the tach because all the dash wires are together in two plugs.

By the way the car's a '86 and all other gauges work except the speedo which never worked. Also I did notice one small gauge wire coming out of the DME that is cut. I can't find it in my scraps and don't remember cutting it but if i did I must have been confident as to what it was if I threw the scrap away. It's a brown/blue wire

Thanks

Ron
Last Edit: 15 years ago by rd7839.

Re:More electrical issues 15 years ago #4129

512 707-8869
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds