Username Password: Remember me

Fish into Water (Cooled)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Fish into Water (Cooled)

Fish into Water (Cooled) 14 years, 11 months ago #4382

• Misfish
  • Drivers Ed
Good afternoon all, my name is Keith (aka Misfish).

I am 40 years old and work as an analyst for an automotive related company and live in Centreville, VA.

I have a 1984 Porsche 944 that I hope to slowly turn into a Spec944

My experience is mostly in kart racing as well as playing around with Mazda RX-7s and their magical spinning triangles

However, I read about the Spec944 class in Grassroots Motorsports and wanted to try my hand at driving the 944 as it is reasonably bullet proof, well built, and very well supported.

This year, and most of next, I will be doing track days, PDX, HPDE, and lots of other acronyms - by 2011 I would like to go for my comp license and join the fun.

I am also looking for a 944 for a friend of mine to build up while I build mine up so my eyes are always open.

Look forward to having some fun!

Cheers!

Keith
1984 Porsche 944 - just starting

Re:Fish into Water (Cooled) 14 years, 11 months ago #4383

Welcome!

The East coast is just starting to see growth in 944 Spec, but it has grown rapidly where it' been "planted"

Check in during your build/progress often!
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Fish into Water (Cooled) 14 years, 11 months ago #4384

• Misfish
  • Drivers Ed
Sterling Doc wrote:
Welcome!

The East coast is just starting to see growth in 944 Spec, but it has grown rapidly where it' been "planted"

Check in during your build/progress often!

Thanks Doc! I hope by the time I get around to racing the seeds will have grown into a nice 2.5L tree.

Cheers!

Keith

Re:Fish into Water (Cooled) 14 years, 11 months ago #4387

Hello and welcome to the world of 944-SPEC racing. You are in the Mid-Atlantic Region area of NASA with tracks like VIR and Summit Point within a few hours of you. My employer has me traveling to those tracks even though I race in the Southeast Region. If there is ANYTHING I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your build.
MICHAEL MADUSKE
2009,2010 Southeast 944-SPEC Champion

Re:Fish into Water (Cooled) 14 years, 11 months ago #4388

• Misfish
  • Drivers Ed
mcmmotorsports wrote:
Hello and welcome to the world of 944-SPEC racing. You are in the Mid-Atlantic Region area of NASA with tracks like VIR and Summit Point within a few hours of you. My employer has me traveling to those tracks even though I race in the Southeast Region. If there is ANYTHING I can help you with, don't hesitate to ask. Good luck with your build.

I am always struck by the dichotomy that exists between Summit Point and VIR - two totally different worlds, two very appealing tracks.

Depending on how bad a shape the car is in I am hoping to be able to get up to Summit for a PDX in June - if I can't make that, an HPDE in August.

Thanks for the offer, I will see what / if / when I need assistance.

Cheers!

Keith
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.09 seconds