Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Windshield....where to buy and what are you paying
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Windshield....where to buy and what are you paying

Re:Windshield....where to buy and what are you paying 14 years, 11 months ago #4543

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I think that the issue breaks down this way.

The thicker lexan weighs about the same as glass. We can require the thicker lexan so weight is not a performance issue.

Cost. At double the price, the lexan is MUCH cheaper than glass for me. I have replaced my windshield 4 times and need to replace it yet again. The tracks I run at seem to destroy them quickly. A new one gets a big chip or crack within two events, generally. I delay replacement of it until it gets bad and then replace it again.

Of course, I do not know the cost of the thicker lexan. The costs quoted above may be for the thinner one. I don't know.

Yes, lexan has it's own issues but, over time, will be MUCH less expensive for our class, at least in my area with all the rocks.

If the thicker one is required, so the performance issue is gone, then each driver can decide what is the least expensive approach for them and everyone should be happy.

I support a rule change to allow the thicker lexan in the future.

Low cost racing does not necessairly mean the least expensive initial cost. We need to be smart to keep our costs down.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re:Windshield....where to buy and what are you paying 14 years, 11 months ago #4553

• LVkid76
  • Junior Racer
hmmm i just bought a new front window from a local car window shop in LV and was 180 installed at the house.

Bought a rear hatch off craigslist for 50 bucks
bought a rear hatch from junkyard for 75.

pretty cheap just to by new. they told me if they ordered a new hatch would be 345.

all glass.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds