Username Password: Remember me

Tires
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tires

Tires 14 years, 11 months ago #4545

• Big Dog
  • Banned
I wanted to get some more information out there for discussion regarding the tire issue.

I have been told that there is one class that has switched over the Nito tires in the past week, away from R888's.

Their experience was that the 888's would heat cycle out even though there was tread left on the tire, unlike the RA1's. They were also finding that the tires were going away after 2 or 3 weekends.

The Nito's are less expensive per tire (perhaps $20 or $30 peer tire but I am getting more information on that) and seem to last for the full tread life of the tire. They seem to wear out slightly faster than the RA1's though. This group could run a full season on two sets of RA1's. They believe they may need 3 sets of Nito's per season but that the Nito's last much longer than the 888's.

Of course, we would lose Toyo Bucks but, if the tires last about the same as RA1's did, and are lower cost per set, everyone benifits from the lower tire cost.

Oh yeah, they think the Nito's are FASTER.

When I have confirmation of comparable costs of the Toyo's and Nito's (which I hope to have in several days) I will post that information.

More to think about as we all wait to see what Toyo is going to do about this mess.

Big Dog
Jim Foxx

Re:Tires 14 years, 11 months ago #4546

Interesting. Keep us posted.
Eric Kuhns

National Director Emeritus

2007, & 2008 National Champion
2011, 2012 2nd

Re:Tires 14 years, 11 months ago #4547

I liked my NT01s ... We will need to work this out as a group and with NASA.
  • Page:
Banner
Time to create page: 0.07 seconds