Social Media

Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park
(1 viewing) (1) Guest

TOPIC: Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park

Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park 14 years, 11 months ago #4578

Granted, not as severe as Eric's a couple of weeks ago but it did take out my p/s door and rocker panel.
With that said, upon further review of the incar footage, I see what I did wrong AND it is not what all parties involved thought I did wrong. So, here is the video for your review and lets see who gets it right.

What mistake did I make to cause this wreck:

http://www.mcmmotorsports.com/Barberwreck.wmv

the aftermath:

MICHAEL MADUSKE
2009,2010 Southeast 944-SPEC Champion
Last Edit: 14 years, 11 months ago by mcmmotorsports.

Re:Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park 14 years, 11 months ago #4581

Looks like you completely missed the turn in point for the right hander and just ran wide on the exit. Once off in the grass you tried too hard to pull it back on track and that sent you sideways.

Now it looks like you hit the wall nose in, but you hit foam blocks? How did the door get damaged?
Joe Paluch
944 Spec #94 Gina Marie Paper Designs
Arizona Regional 944 Spec Director, National Rules Coordinator
2006 Az Champion - 944 Spec Racer Since 2002

Re:Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park 14 years, 11 months ago #4582

I got t-boned by the car behind me. Watch this version and tell me if you still agree with your analogy.

MICHAEL MADUSKE
Last Edit: 14 years, 11 months ago by mcmmotorsports.

Re:Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park 14 years, 11 months ago #4583

Ahh, you got T-boned as you cut back over the track. I missed that part.

Anyway same deal, but worse since your effort to get back on track put you in a dangerious spot allowing you to get T-boned.

It has happened to all of us, but when you go off track you need to be VERY gentle brining it back on. It is quite easy to spin going back on track if you are on the gas to take too much of an angle. What happens is one side of the car hooks up with the pavement while the other side is off the grass. Result is a spin just like yours. The problem is once you spin on track you have to hope the other cars miss you. In this case they did not.

Bottomline is 90% your fault as you made 2 errors.

First one was missing the turn and going off track.
Second was re-entering the track in an unsafe manner putting you sideways on the track. This left no room for the guy around you. Now it is only 95% your fault since their may haven been some room for the other car to avoid you, but that take skill and luck from the other driver. Sometimes the drivers behind can see your off and predict that you will spin coming back on and plan for it and thus put themselves in a position to avoid. Sometimes not.
Joe Paluch

Re:Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park 14 years, 11 months ago #4584

Thanks Joe for your input. I really thought everything you explained was the 100% cause for this, but upon closer inspection it appears, to me, that once I hit the grass, I had started the spin and there was no saving it. The only hope might have been to stand on the brakes and hope to slide to the inside wall and not back on track as I did. Watch it again and you will see I didn't turn the wheel to head back on track. I steered to correct my spin. Unless I am missing something here.
MICHAEL MADUSKE

Re:Wreck @ Barber Motorsports Park 14 years, 11 months ago #4585

It is possible that there were some bumps in the grass that kicked you back on track. Hard to say for sure since I cannot tell what you are feeling from video alone.

Now if you say bumps in the grass pitched you back on track then that is what happened and no video will clearly show that. Still the incident is your fault since once you go off track you put yourself at the mercy of what ever conditions are there.

Bottomline is you cut accross track in an unsafe manner and got collected. It could be due to being pitched back due to the off track or by activly getting back on track. Either way it was an error and it sucks.
Joe Paluch
Banner
Time to create page: 0.10 seconds